Windows 10: problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

Discus and support problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LandwardCello15, Dec 22, 2019.

1. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge [​IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge. also if i put mouse over the place where there are big black lines, they dissapear.

:)

LandwardCello15, Dec 22, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 22, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 22, 2019
  4. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

Recent windows 10 upgrade and microsoft edge problem

Hi Michael,

The issue may occur due to incompatibility of your driver and corrupted Microsoft Edge. In order for us to assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is your latest OS Build?

In the meantime, regarding your issue with Microsoft Edge, We suggest to follow the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows Update issues
    to help resolve your browser issue.

In addition, please click this link:
    Fix printer problems in Windows 10
    to guide you on fixing your printer concern, The article contains a step-by-step troubleshooting guide.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

1. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge - Similar Threads - problems search microsoft

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration: Microsoft Edge’s tab search feature, which has been under development for a long time, is finally making some progress. Apparently, Edge’s new feature is now one step closer to the official launch and it looks like Windows 10 Search integration has also made progress....
  6. Microsoft Edge search history?

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search history?: Hi. I can't see my search history under the search bar since the Windows update. Do you know if I can reactivate it somehow or is it because of the update. Microsoft Edge Suchverlauf?
  7. Microsoft Edge search problem.

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search problem.: Every time I open Microsoft Edge, Yahoo appears instead of Bing. Even when I look up things, Yahoo powers the search. Its really annoying and its a time waster. Can anyone help me on this, like getting rid of yahoo from anything I look up. Best Regards, Doubled...
  8. About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge: Cannot delete search history . This is a very serious problem because it has banking and on-line shopping information which is personal and subject to being stolen by online criminals. I do not believe Microsoft is fixing it. Am i going to have to reset my all my...
  9. Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10: Hello I am using Asus Vivobook S510U [Intel i5-8250U, 8GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia MX150 2GB GDDR5 GPU, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit]. Initially, I didn't have any problem. But then I started to face some issues. The Search Bar doesn't work, Edge browser doesn't open web...
  10. Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why? Thanks Bye 32434