Windows 10: Problems with search in Windows 1909

Discus and support Problems with search in Windows 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909 In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KoenDeco, Nov 30, 2019.

1. KoenDeco Win User

Problems with search in Windows 1909

Hi,

I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909

• In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct.
    • When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula.
    • When I use for instance the keyword “kind” I don’t get help to choose between the different kinds that are available.

This is a huge step backwards for me. Is there a way to fix it?

Sincerely,

Koen

:)

KoenDeco, Nov 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 30, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Problems with search in Windows 1909

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Problems with search in Windows 1909

1. Problems with search in Windows 1909 - Similar Threads - Problems search 1909

2. Windows 1909 Internet problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 1909 Internet problem: Hi everyone, I'm having internet problem since yesterday. My WiFi speed drops drastically after 5 minutes and then I have to restart my laptop or disconnect and reconnect to my WiFi to get back my original internet speed and then after 5-10 minutes same thing. Can anyone...
  3. Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004: A few weeks before I updated from Win 10 1909 to 2004, Windows Explorer started to have problems... I went to search something using the search bar at the corner of the explorer window. but the search bar would not respond to anything.... I click it, nothing happens... i...
  4. Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search not responding.: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to search a file by its name, nothing showed up. Not even the search bar and its interface do anything. I have included a video of...
  5. Windows 10 1909 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 problem: When I try to install this update, this is the error message I am getting: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4551762 - Error 0x800f0988...
  6. Windows 10 1909 - Search Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 - Search Button: How to disable windows explorer search button don't need press button when I search. Make it auto like the previous version? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-search-button/3242a756-665b-41cc-b6a8-1c420084a108
  7. windows update 1909 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 1909 problem: after I download and get the update of windows1909. most of my software can not be opened ,and it shows as the pictures. can anyone meet the same problem and have solutionsto this! thanks! [ATTACH]...
  8. windows 10 search 1909

in Cortana
    windows 10 search 1909: When I open windows 10 search it is always blank and it does not shows any result can I get help in this issue Thanks you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-1909/c53d1715-0b49-46ec-96c3-fa7fb0af16d4"
  9. version 1909 search problem [bugs]

version 1909 search problem [bugs]: I cannot click the file explorer search box. When i use shortcut (Ctrl+f), I can only type the first letter of a word in the file explorer search box, typing the next letter replaces the first one. I always have to restart my "Windows Explorer" from the Task Manager. Also,...
  10. Windows Search is not working on 1909

Windows Search is not working on 1909: Actually I can't use my windows search since version 1903 because that update somehow bugged my bar and I was hoping that it would be fixed in 1909, but it didn't. How can I fix this ? submitted by /u/trise5 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 search didnt work