Windows 10: Problems with Settings App and Search Bar

Discus and support Problems with Settings App and Search Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,So a few days ago my laptop had some issues it began with the settings app not working and then a day later the search option on the taskbar also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adam Fahmy, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Problems with Settings App and Search Bar

Hi,So a few days ago my laptop had some issues it began with the settings app not working and then a day later the search option on the taskbar also stopped working. It would be great to know what the problem is and how to fix it.Thank You

:)

Adam Fahmy, Aug 16, 2021

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Problems with Settings App and Search Bar

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Problems with Settings App and Search Bar

1. Problems with Settings App and Search Bar - Similar Threads - Problems Settings App

2. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  3. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  4. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  5. Search bar settings

Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  6. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  7. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  8. Search bar & Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  9. Windows search bar and settings app crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar and settings app crash: Hello,My problem is that, only when I start typing in the search bar or in the settings app, they both crash instantly.Without typing and just using my mouse, works fine....
  10. Problems in Settings Option and Type to Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems in Settings Option and Type to Search Bar: Dear Microsoft Team, I bring you today a situation concerning my Dell laptop with Windows 10. I noticed the following problems of my Desktop System: 1. Cannot access my settings either any of my search bars 2. Tried to scan SFC but corrupted files are not repaired 3....