Windows 10: Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings.

Discus and support Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, some months back I think based on an update; I started seeing this message. I have been trying to troubleshoot this by searching for answers and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ksb1082, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ksb1082 Win User

Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings.

Hello, some months back I think based on an update; I started seeing this message. I have been trying to troubleshoot this by searching for answers and trying various troubleshooting steps. This list is not exhaustive but;

I have tried to change the telemetry data.

Tried to change through elevated admin cmd prompt.

Tried to reset group policy settings to default.

Tried using gpedit.msc

Changing privacy options.

I have windows 10 pro and this is my personal computer, not intended to being a part of any organization. This is preventing me from making changes to my system that I want to. Please assist.

:)

ksb1082, Aug 13, 2020

2. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

OK, this was a pig. Nothing seemed to work, including...

Group Policy - Allow Telemetry:
    https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-so...ows-10-1521281

Privacy Settings - Change to Enhance:
    https://superuser.com/questions/9477...-not-on-domain

Reset Group Policy:
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

Change privacy options:
    https://superuser.com/questions/9477...-not-on-domain

And finally, a page with everything on it:

https://www.xtremerain.com/some-sett...-organization/

Now, it's fixed. It would appear this problem doesn't have one cause or one solution and what works for one doesn't usually work for another. So, give them all a try and see what works. Good luck and thanks to all that posted Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings. :)

Staffs Lebowski, Aug 13, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    UPDATE SETTINGS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANIZATION - not true

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means the setting is controlled by a group policy.

It's a long story but I'll make it quick: The Professional edition of Windows was primarily intended for a managed environment, which is a fancy term for a network managed by an IT department.

In a managed environment, computers are grouped together and managed as a group by a set of policies adopted by the IT department. Ergo: group policies.

Windows ships with a template of common group policies that the IT department can customize.

Even if your computer is not part of any organization, if you have the Professional edition, you have the group policy template. Therefore, "some settings are managed by your organization."

In the twisted logic of the technology industry, this makes perfect sense ;-)

BulldogXX, Aug 13, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings.

Some settings are managed by your organization

Microsoft error messages are not famous for being helpful.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means that the setting you want to change is managed by a group policy. Unless you are able to change the group policy, you won't be able to change the setting.

Group policies were designed for corporate networks, where the organization - more likely, its IT department - decides what the policies will be. That's the "organization" that the message refers to.

Since group policies were intended for corporate networks, there isn't a group policy editor in the Home version of Windows. It exists only in the Professional, Enterprise and (I believe) Education versions.

Some group policies can be changed without the group policy editor by directly editing the Windows registry, which is a risky thing to do. Plus, you'd have to know which specific policy needs to change and what are the specific edits to make to the registry.

BulldogXX, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with *settings managed by your organization* and/or group policy setttings. - Similar Threads - Problems *settings managed

2. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  3. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  4. "Some settings are managed by your organization", group policy not modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some settings are managed by your organization", group policy not modified: Hi. This question has been asked here plenty of times before, but I feel my situation is a bit unique and I need help with it.When I went to go check Windows Update, I noticed the "Some settings are managed by your organization" message. If I view the configured update...
  5. "Some settings are managed by your organization", group policy not modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Some settings are managed by your organization", group policy not modified: Hi. This question has been asked here plenty of times before, but I feel my situation is a bit unique and I need help with it.When I went to go check Windows Update, I noticed the "Some settings are managed by your organization" message. If I view the configured update...
  6. "Some settings are managed by your organization", group policy not modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Your organization has set some policies to manage updates

in Windows 10 News
    Your organization has set some policies to manage updates: [ATTACH]If you are wondering why you see Some settings are managed by your organization […] This article Your organization has set some policies to manage updates first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. "This Setting is managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This Setting is managed by your organization": Split from this thread. -[ATTACH]I only have this problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-organization/4ad69f50-9ab5-4d6d-99d4-e473082034ab
  9. Settings managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by your organization: Every time I sign in with my account on any PC it says some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But its my personal account. What to do with this error?...
  10. "Your organization has set some policies to manage"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Your organization has set some policies to manage": I have a message on windows update under view configured update policies "Your organization has set some policies to manage" Policies set on your device: Set when Active Hours Start Source: Administrator Type: Mobile Device Management Policies set on your device: Set...