Windows 10: Problems with signing into pc for second time

Discus and support Problems with signing into pc for second time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there! So yesterday I received a new Windows 10 desktop after having a very old windows 7 laptop for many years. Today when I went to sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigdevon7, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Problems with signing into pc for second time

Hello there!

So yesterday I received a new Windows 10 desktop after having a very old windows 7 laptop for many years. Today when I went to sign in after setting everything up last night, my Microsoft account was giving security issues. Not an issue, was an old account so I decided to just make a new one. Only problem is when I made the new account and went to sign in, The welcome pin setting had an error. I thought oh no problem and just skipped it for now. When i skipped the step for the pin and go to log in on the new account the computer seemingly restarted itself? And after a few second I would be back trying to sign in on my original account, and now I'm stuck in this loop of not being able to log in my old account and logging into the new one takes me back to the log in with my old account.

Was wondering if anyone knew of a solution to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated <3

submitted by /u/bigdevon7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigdevon7, Oct 31, 2020

2. Sign in problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how frustrating it could be, when you are not able to login to the PC after changing the password. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Did you reset the password of the Microsoft account or the local account on the PC?
    • Did you try entering the password using the onscreen keyboard?

If you have reset the Microsoft password and used the same Microsoft account to login to the PC. Then in this scenario, we would suggest you to plug in the Ethernet cable to the PC for a wired internet connection
    and then sign in for the first time. Once signed in, then you can switch the network to Wi-Fi and check.

Also refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems signing in

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    problem with a PC to start games (Xbox not signed in)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are able to login to your Microsoft account from a browser?

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Rose W Win User

Problems with signing into pc for second time

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Problems with signing into pc for second time

1. Problems with signing into pc for second time - Similar Threads - Problems signing second

2. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second time asking this :/: So if you want part 1 go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-do-i-not-have-administrative-access-to-games/666b8968-8e84-4fa8-be84-c16625e2fedb Basically, I don't have admin access to about half of my pcs apps. E.g... GTAV, Fall Guys,...
  3. "Unknown Hard Error" when starting PC for the second time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Unknown Hard Error" when starting PC for the second time: So when I start my PC in the morning, it wouldn't start, it just shows the background of the login screen with no way to interact but to shutdown the system manually. After rebooting and logging in, I get a popup saying "Unknown Hard Error" even before the login is completed....
  4. Microsoft Sign in Problem on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign in Problem on PC: Current Windows Password? Hello! have been trying to sign into my Microsoft Account on it to sync everything. After the initial email/password login, I get a second window that asks me to enter my current windows password to confirm that it's indeed me I don't have one I have...
  5. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  6. Pc sign in problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pc sign in problems: Ive been using a pin to sign in to my laptop and today when i tried signing in, it says i need a password. Ive tried using my microsoft password and it doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sign-in-problems/801fc215-ee88-4e66-9b8c-ad1c5efab5b3
  7. Second PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Second PC: Hallo I have a Retail copy of Windows 10 Home. I want to build another PC. Can I use this Win 10 on both my PC's or do I have to buy another one? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-pc/13cb810b-01eb-417b-bd31-84a43480cf70"
  8. PC and Account sign in problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC and Account sign in problems: Hi In settings, my PC is set to never ask for password, aka, automatic sign in each time the PC is turned on After widows 10 updates, some settings is changed and makes problems. Thats typical microsoft Earlier, my account on my PC was connected to my microsoft/outlook...
  9. PC/account sign in problems

in Windows 10 Support
    PC/account sign in problems: Hi In settings, my PC is set to never ask for password, aka, automatic sign in each time the PC is turned on After widows 10 updates, some settings is changed and makes problems. Thats typical microsoft Earlier, my account on my PC was connected to my microsoft/outlook...
  10. Second ISO Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Second ISO Time?: I don't have any idea as to what the problem(s) is/are, only that this is what I have found: 1. Dell tried to run its remote customer support program, which had worked in the past. Now, it crashes, with a quite meaningless error message almost entirely in machine language....