Windows 10: Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316

Discus and support Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rocky, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316

Hello All,
    I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That is just one issue and not the big issue.

When I wake up my computer the computer physically wakes up, the fans turn and the monitor comes on and everything, but Windows 10 does not come back on. Instead there is a picture of a beach scene except that it is a negative, not like a real picture. I can not get Windows 10 to activate by hitting any keys, ctl + alt + delete, escape or anything. My only recourse is to restart my computer by using a physical switch on the front of the computer.

This problem began the day after I installed the newest build and I don't know what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Bennett

:)

Rocky, Apr 8, 2016
  2. cmptrgydv Win User

Sorry, our system is currently unavailable. Please try again. Error

OK installed the new build 14316 in the fast ring, and everything is working again, so problem solved,

cmptrgydv, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Dark theme

There is your problem.

The dark theme is only available in builds 14316 and newer. Those are insider builds.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 8, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

How did you upgrade? In-place or clean install?

badrobot, Apr 8, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    It was an in-place upgrade.

Rocky, Apr 8, 2016
  6. badrobot Win User
    That's probably why you are having those issues. If you think you have tried everything, either do a reset or clean install.

badrobot, Apr 9, 2016
  7. linw Win User
    I'm not getting your second issue but I am getting the first no-sleep issue. The screen blacks out but the comp stays alive with light, but regular, HDD accesses.

Since I upgraded to win 10 in Oct 2014 sleep has been fine which was a relief after having the win 8.1 no sleep issue.

As usual, this was an in place upgrade and I have Hibernation off.

I hope this thread doesn't go as long as the 8.1 no sleep one!!

linw, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Rocky Win User

Well I think that I fixed the problem. I really think that the issue had to do with installing Ubuntu BASH onto my system. I thought about it and I thought about it, and installing BASH is when this problem began. Luckily I had created a restore point right before I installed BASH so I just restored my system to the point right before Ubuntu was installed onto my Windows 10 machine.

For right now everything looks good. Sleep is working and waking it up works fine. Oh well, nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Rocky, Apr 9, 2016
  9. linw Win User
    No Bash here but got into even more of a pickle trying to determine if it would sleep in safe mode!

Looks like I am in a crowd of one with my sleep issue. I will have another go at it today.

linw, Apr 9, 2016
  10. linw Win User
    Well, as of this morning, my comp is sleeping like a baby! No idea what brought it back but not going to go into that!

So, Rocky, we can officially declare this thread dead as 2 - 2 = 0 *Smile

Thema:

1. Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316 - Similar Threads - Problems Sleep Build

2. Sleep option missing, Hibernate working like sleep on new build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option missing, Hibernate working like sleep on new build: Problem I built a new PC. When I tell it to hibernate and wait a few seconds for fans and lights to stop, it wakes when I press a key on my keyboard as if it were sleeping. I am pretty sure it is sleeping. Also, "Sleep" is not available in the start menu power options....
  3. new problem with laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    new problem with laptop sleeping: Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My laptop will no longer go to sleep. When I close the lid, the screen turns off, but when I re-open it, it will not turn back on. The laptop itself remains on, but at this point, I need to to a hard reboot. I found this one recent...
  4. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...
  5. Activation problems - new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems - new build: Just completed a new build with Window 10 Home 64 Bit installed. Purchased the Software from Amazon. Tried to activate window but it refuses to activate. 92841
  6. Installing and Running BASH on Windows 10 (Build 14316)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing and Running BASH on Windows 10 (Build 14316): So I went ahead and installed BASH to see if it will be of any use to me as as Linux and Raspberry Pi enthusiast. It's very easy. First, make sure that "Developer Mode" is enabled under Settings>>>Update & Security>>>For Developers [img] Then go to Turn...
  7. Card reader problem with build 14316

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Card reader problem with build 14316: Since this update my card reader caused me considerable grief, 15-20 mins to boot. This was a card powered by a PCI card. Removing the PCI card and card reader solved the problem. So I bought a reader that plugged into a USB 2 header on my motherboard, but this does not work...
  8. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt: Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode. Any suggestions? 47775
  9. Failed update to 14316

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed update to 14316: Windows 10 Insider Preview 14316 - Error 0x80240031 Is there a way of clearing this error so I can try to download the update again.... *Mad 46650
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...