Windows 10: Problems with sound on new computer

Discus and support Problems with sound on new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new computer, but I got a very strange problem with the sound system. Most of the time the system wil play no sound. When I open Netflix or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stef.A, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Stef.A Win User

Problems with sound on new computer

I got a new computer, but I got a very strange problem with the sound system.

Most of the time the system wil play no sound. When I open Netflix or World of Tanks I hear nothing. But when I click the slider of the sound system in Windows, I hear the ping. When I open the sound system. Volume mixer, I see the color of the bar filling as sound is played, but totally no movement on device speakers or headset.

I first thought it was a problem with the upgrade I installed from Windows b1607 to b1809. I reinstalled with a clean install of b1809. No solution

I thought it was a problem with the limited security on the accounts (kids) but even the account of my wife (admin) has sometimes the problem.

I thought a problem with nvidia <-> Realtek. No solution.

Sometimes I change stuff and suddenly it starts working after a reboot. It's like the sound system doesn't get correcty initialized.

System specs.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Asrock B450 GAMING-ITX/AC
    Corsair SF450 450W SFX
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Windforce OC
    Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Team Group DDR4 Vulcan 2x8GB 3000

:)

Stef.A, Dec 13, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with sound on new computer - Similar Threads - Problems sound computer

2. New OLED TV- New Sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New OLED TV- New Sound problems: Hi,Just bought a new OLED TV and loving it .. but there's a problem, this new TV will also be used as my Computers Monitor .. so I need my computers sound - RealTek 5.1 audio to a Logitech 5.1 sound system, which worked fine before via cables to speakers , now needs go via a...
  3. New OLED TV- New Sound problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OLED TV- New Sound problems: Hi,Just bought a new OLED TV and loving it .. but there's a problem, this new TV will also be used as my Computers Monitor .. so I need my computers sound - RealTek 5.1 audio to a Logitech 5.1 sound system, which worked fine before via cables to speakers , now needs go via a...
  4. New OLED TV- New Sound problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crackling sound on new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crackling sound on new computer: Hi, i just finished building my new computer with an Asus Rog strix X570 F Gaming Mainboard, RTX 3060 MSI graphic card and a Ryzen 5950x CPU. I have some very strange sound problems which so far nobody can solve. When I start Itunes and scroll thePlaylist up and down the...
  6. no sound new computer

no sound new computer: no sound new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-new-computer/e80905fb-4ae7-445b-bbc6-127ed33405e4
  7. Sound problems on this computer.

Sound problems on this computer.: No sound on youtube app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problems-on-this-computer/b6e18472-048f-4430-a4a4-a6167634c5fa
  8. Sound problem with new GoGroove BassPulse 2.1 Computer Speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound problem with new GoGroove BassPulse 2.1 Computer Speaker: Note: My sound is fine with regular PC speakers I installed this speaker system today I got from Amazon. Mainly to get more rich bass for music I like. I get bass but the 2 tweeters either get to sound or barely audible sound. For normal audio speaking only sound is...
  9. New PC with sound problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC with sound problems: Yesterday I bought a new PC. Everything’s been working fine except whenever I put some pressure on my CPU (for example starting up a video game) the headphones I wear starts making a buzz noise. I have tried updating the audio drivers. I have restarted my PC multiple times...
  10. New Laptop Sound Problems!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop Sound Problems!: Hey Guys, from the beginning sorry for my bad English, so this week i got a 99$ windows 10 laptop for school because was cheep and i really don't need so much power for basic tasks like word and stuff like this, evrything work grate until last night when i i accidentally...