Windows 10: Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

Discus and support Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JamesHeaton2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please.

:)

JamesHeaton2, Apr 11, 2019

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

1. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype - Similar Threads - Problems speakers microphone

2. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix speakers and microphone problem?: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't recognized.I have used eeeeeeeeeeeevery possible advice there is on vast forums and nothing seemed to help.Suddenly, after some...
  3. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix speakers and microphone problem?: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the laptop of mine, Asus n550jk, and installing all the driver updates my speaker makes no sound and my mic isn't recognized.I have used eeeeeeeeeeeevery possible advice there is on vast forums and nothing seemed to help.Suddenly, after some...
  4. How to fix speakers and microphone problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone and speaker problems.

Microphone and speaker problems.: My microphone picks up very tiny sound and no one can hear me in my zoom, teams etc.My speaker is also disabled a lot of the time and I have to restart my laptop every time.I have tried the troubleshoot feature in settings for both issues but it didn't help. I have also tried...
  6. Having problems with microphone on Skype?

Having problems with microphone on Skype?: Need to use Skype for an interview but the microphone is a bit quiet, my friend (when we did a test run) could hardly hear me. I have Windows 7 - should I adjust the settings or buy and external plug in one?
  7. Speaker is muted in Skype

Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  8. speaker/ microphone problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    speaker/ microphone problems: when I turned on my computer today morning everything was working as ussual, now after a few hours( I turned my computer off) the speakers (and headphones ) and microphone aren't working. I can only hear the system sounds(example: when I change the volume/ put in an usb...
  9. new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found: Skype just installed and I just used it successfully for calling a landline. In settings it complains camera, microphone, speakers: no device found -- and there is no method to repair this, only a weblink, with no information about the problem. So - how to repair this?...
  10. problem with microphone and skype in windows 10

problem with microphone and skype in windows 10: Hello , I have a serious issue with using microphone in windows 10. A few monthes ago i upgraded to windows 10 and i started having problems with skype - i heared people talking to me but they didn't hear what i said in microphone . I'm using usb microphone that is built in...