Windows 10: Problems with Speedtest.net Windows 10 app

Discus and support Problems with Speedtest.net Windows 10 app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here's a problem with the windows 10 Speedtest.net app. This developed in the last couple of days. When starting a test, the ping skyrockets up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KH55, Jan 20, 2020.

1. KH55 Win User

Problems with Speedtest.net Windows 10 app

Here's a problem with the windows 10 Speedtest.net app.

This developed in the last couple of days. When starting a test, the ping skyrockets up to 500, then the app shows a transfer rate of 5-10 MP download. This happens despite the speedtest.net server that is selected.

Running the speedtest.net test in a web browser shows download speeds of 240MB and pings of 33ms or so.

Pinging speedtest.net from a Windows 10 command line shows pings of 26ms.

The Windows 10 speedtest.net has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and the problem persists.

The problem happens only with the Windows 10 speedtest.net app, and there are no problems.

Speedtest.net has not responded to requests for help.

:)

2. Help with OOKLA Speedtest App for windows Ten

Hello Microsoft Answer users

i have just installed the OOKLA Speedtest app for windows Ten and i did the first test then i wanted to choose a different Server but the Server List is empty. WHY?? i have reset the App Data i have uninstalled and reinstaleld the app but same problem

deanpepler, Jan 20, 2020
  3. GSquadron Win User
    C# .net windows apps programming

hi,
    i am having a very hard time on finding a book on C# .net windows apps programming.
    Can anyway help with this? I means how to create desktop windows applications using C# with .net framework.
    I know video tutorials, i want to learn through a book.

GSquadron, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Carter325 Win User

Speedtest Ap connection failure

Andre,

Thank you for the excellent suggestion to upgrade Windows 10 to the 1809 version.
    This operation appears to require more time than I can give it at the moment, but I will attempt it at some point.

In the meanwhile, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Speedtest App, but to no avail.
    Then I tried to contact Ookla / Speedtest—not an easy thing to do.
    (I am neither a Twitter nor a Facebook user. Yes, I know, it’s shocking.)

Thanks, again, for your help.

Carter

Carter325, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with Speedtest.net Windows 10 app - Similar Threads - Problems Speedtest net

2. Problem with .NET

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with .NET: Hi i have a issue with .NET [ATTACH] Pls look at the issue above. I tried replacing the mscoree.dll and tried using the repair button in the .NET setupAs seen on youtube. Please help me resolve the error. I also tried disabling and enabling .NET in programs and features....
  3. Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.: Hi, When I run a speedtest by OOKLA on my computer its a low reading, but when i run the same test on my iphone i get the maximum that my ISP provides, is there something slowing it down on my PC? I'm running Win 10 with Vir**nme**a my ISP...
  4. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....
  5. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest: Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450...
  6. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure: I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've...
  7. Speedtest app by ookla

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  8. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?: Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA? [img] Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But I have downloaded the app through the Windows Store and that seems to work fine. No ads so far! *Biggrin EDIT: It works...
  9. speedtest vpn

speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...
  10. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

in Windows 10 News
    OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP): Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices. Speedtest for Windows Phone has been available for quite some time, but to test your internet speed...