Windows 10: Problems With Start Up in Windows 10

Discus and support Problems With Start Up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an issue that occurs when I press the "on" switch for a cold start. The first time, I get the HP logo but no spinning dots. Then if I power down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TexasBandit, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Problems With Start Up in Windows 10

I have an issue that occurs when I press the "on" switch for a cold start. The first time, I get the HP logo but no spinning dots. Then if I power down and press on again, I get the HP and spinning dots. Windows 10 starts but much slower than normal. After that, things seem to run normally.

I tried to do a system image restore, but got a message that said the Recovery Partition needed to be formatted. That didn't sound too good to me.

I am currently on version 1809 11763.316.

Will a repair/install correct this problem? If so, can you give me the steps to download the ISO and conduct the repair/install? I did one a while back, but a refresher would certainly help.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Problems With Start Up in Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Problems With Start Up in Windows 10

1. Problems With Start Up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems Start

2. Start Menu Problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Problem.: Hey. Last night my laptop got a malware and I decided to use HitmanPro and Adwcleaner to cleaned it up. After that, everytime I restarting/turning on my laptop, I always get a message like this: 1. Fatal error: failed to execute script electrum Note: I never used electrum...
  3. Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is...: When I found that I could not complete an installation of new software after Windows 10 version 1809, I spent several hours trying to find solutions to this problem. The recurring theme that kept popping up was "Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already...
  4. Problem: As soon as I open the Start menu, Windows 10 puts infinitely many spaces in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem: As soon as I open the Start menu, Windows 10 puts infinitely many spaces in the...: I had to reset Windows Explorer three times in the task manager and then get rid of all those unwanted spaces this issue put in my Sticky Notes. This is obviously not how Windows 10 version 1809 is expected to behave on startup. I'm doing a full scan for viruses with Norton...
  5. There was a problem starting C:\windows\nzmmu.nzm The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There was a problem starting C:\windows\nzmmu.nzm The specified module could not be found.: What is that file and why can't it be found? I looked in the windows folder and i didn't see that file so it is gone. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-starting-cwindowsnzmmunzm-the/25f65d6a-7382-477e-a221-7c3c6d7c2734"
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems: Why does my computer check and repair the c drive on every start up since I installed the windows 10 feature update and how do I repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-feature-update-start-up-problems/2e492135-629b-4986-b04b-d1c1bf85e852
  7. There was a Problem Starting C:\Program Files......\PVMTR64V.dll

in Windows 10 Customization
    There was a Problem Starting C:\Program Files......\PVMTR64V.dll: Hi There The above message in a small window started coming some time from early January 2019. This is from Lenovo ThinkPad S5 running an i7 CPU and W 10 Home. The message: There was a Problem Starting C:\Program Files (86X)\ThhinkPad\Utilities\PVMTR64V.dll Searched in...
  8. start menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu problem: hi guys .i have a problem with my start menu .and i cant open it .its look i delet complitly the app of start menu becaus when i click on windows ore cortana icon i cant get respond from them and windows show me the message like that ( you dont have that app fore run this...
  9. "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter: I receive this error popup when restarting the machine and at irregular intervals thereafter. I have Windows 10, and an o365 subscription. When I click on the link to fix the problem, I am presented with a list of 3 accounts which have previously logged on to this...
  10. Widows10 start up recovery problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows10 start up recovery problems: [IMG]I have an error code: 0xc0000001 code. Doesnt say im missing a file. Nor can i reach the BIOS settings durring load up. Just says, “After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start,so it needs to be repaired. you’ll need to use the recovery it was...