Windows 10: Problems with Start Up

Discus and support Problems with Start Up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maccal, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Maccal Win User

Problems with Start Up

I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start)
    With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen.

Is there any way of automatically bypassing or switching off the desktop ?

Also, was able to edit the tile legend in Win8.1. Not been able to find any way of doing this in Win10. The text on tiles associated with web sites often give no clue as to what you are opening.

:)

Maccal, Jul 30, 2015

2. Nokia phone download problem

Hi all, I have just acquired a Nokia Lumia 625, and am trying to download Skype from the Microsoft shop. Two things happen -- either Microsoft does not recognise the password for my newly acquired account (although it does accept it when I access it from
    my PC), or I get an error code message, 8009030e. Very frustrating... Thanks for any help!

Problems with Microsoft, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Start-up problems with Microsoft 10

Hi Mary,

We haven't heard from you. Does the issue got fixed?

If not please let us know for further assistance. We'll be glad to help.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Problems with Start Up

All I remember seeing is to put the computer in tablet mode. No idea what else that does to you beside put you o the Modern start screen.

• Click or tap the Start button
    • Open the Settings application
    • Click or tap on "System"
    • In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"

• Ensure the toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

Found here: How to manually enable tablet mode in Windows 10 | Windows Central

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Maccal Win User
    I'll give it a go. Thanks for your help !

Maccal, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Maccal Win User
    Altered Settings to tablet mode and it's got rid of the Desktop with no adverse effects seen so far. Thanks Ztruker !

Would still like to edit the text on some tiles I've pinned to the start screen. Is it possible to do this ?

Maccal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Start Up

1. Problems with Start Up - Similar Threads - Problems Start

2. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...
  3. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...
  4. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a notification " There was a problem starting...: There was a notification " There was a problem starting C:\PROGR~3\PROTOC~1\BPMFPO~1\GAMEHM~DLL. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-notification-there-was-a-problem/5bf0d8c3-b335-47d6-88b3-68de56943fa2
  6. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

There was a notification " There was a problem starting...: There was a notification " There was a problem starting C:\PROGR~3\PROTOC~1\BPMFPO~1\GAMEHM~DLL. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-notification-there-was-a-problem/5bf0d8c3-b335-47d6-88b3-68de56943fa2
  7. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows start-up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start-up problem: My hp elitebook revolve 810 does not get past the hp starting screen. When I on the laptop it show the hp logo with a suggestion at the bottom corner asking to enter the BIOS system than the screen goes blank and then the logo screen comes back, this happens repeatedly....
  9. Windows start-up problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start-up problem: My hp elitebook revolve 810 does not get past the hp starting screen. When I on the laptop it show the hp logo with a suggestion at the bottom corner asking to enter the BIOS system than the screen goes blank and then the logo screen comes back, this happens repeatedly....
  10. Windows start-up problem