Windows 10: Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

Discus and support Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Bunting, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality.

It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft wired keyboard, often missing letters. This is a very expensive machine with an i7 with 32G of ram. It should perform better, not worse than the original.

This same monitor ran better using the original Surface Book and the Dock 1.

Is there a fix?

:)

Matt Bunting, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available

Source: New Version of Surface Dock Updater Available Surface

Brink, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Behind the design: Meet Surface Book 3, Surface Go 2 & Surface Dock 2

Read more: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1353324

Brink, Aug 4, 2020
  4. waldo21 Win User

Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

2nd monitor with surface book and dock does not play nice

1. The new Microsoft surface dock.

2. No, it has always behaved that way with the surface book and surface dock.

3. Using the default display drivers that came with the surface book. - windows update does not show any alternatives.

waldo21, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

1. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2 - Similar Threads - Problems Surface Book

2. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  3. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  4. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  6. Surface Book 2 charging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 charging problem: Hello Microsoft community, during the last couple of days I am having a problem with charging my Microsoft Surface Book 2 - when i plug the original charger, it will start charging and then stop, even though the charger is constantly plugged to the laptop. It It behaves as...
  7. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  8. Surface book 2 - reset problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface book 2 - reset problems: Hello, I'm having an issue with my Surface Book 2. After updating windows a few days ago my network adaptor suddenly just stopped working. I was unable to connect to the internet or detect WiFi networks. I decided to just reset the computer to factory settings after trying...
  9. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...
  10. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...