Windows 10: Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Discus and support Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QuaterFin, Nov 16, 2021.

1. QuaterFin Win User

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the same, when you long press Shift+Alt, and then release Shift. ps: I intalled another input app. But before i upgraded to win11, i could siwtch keyboads for other languages with Shift+Control.

:)

QuaterFin, Nov 16, 2021

2. Changing languages with right-alt + shift stopped working

Windows 10 home.

Used to be, you could use both left-alt and right-alt + shift to switch between languages.

Then, some years back, only left-alt + shift switched between languages, whereas right-alt + shift went always to secondary language. That was a pain, but not a show stopper.

This is!

After latest Windows Update, right-alt + shift is dead.

I opened Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Language > Advanced setting > Switching input methods > Change language bar hot keys > Change Key Sequence

the only options there are:

1. Not Assigned

2. Ctrl + shift

3. Left Alt + shift

4. Grave Accent (`)

Right-alt + shift is gone!!!

How do I get it back?

I've been doing the same thing to switch languages since Windows 3.0, I think. It's massively frustrating to do it instinctively only for it to not work all of a sudden... Seriously annoying. How can I fix it?

MosheHimmelfarb, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Alt-Shift doesn't change language

In Windows 7

Go to Start

Type on search:

Region and Language

Click on Keyboard and Languages tab

Then, Click on Change keyboards...

Click on Advanced Key Settings tab

Then select: Between input languages and click on Change Key Sequence...

In you case you will see both Switch Input Language and Switch Keyboard Layout options are Not Assigned.

you have to change

Switch Input Language to: Left Alt + Shift

And

Switch Keyboard Layout to Ctrl + Shift

Then Click OK

Done.

regards,

Khalil Alasmi

KhalilAlasmi, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Alt-Shift doesn't change language

Go to Control Panel

Clock, Language, and Region

Language

Advanced settings

, in a section called Switching input methods click on
    Change language bar hotkeys

, continue with Advanced key settings tab, then click on button
    Change Key Sequence

and then choose from a list called Switch Keyboard Layout your desired
    LEFT ALT + SHIFT hotkey.

OmarMagdy999, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

1. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt - Similar Threads - Problems Switching Language

2. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  3. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  4. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  5. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  6. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  7. Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to make Alt+Shift not switch to "some" language in Windows?: My problem is that I got 4 input languages on my Win10 (Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese) Mainly I use Chinese and English only, but still, sometimes I need to use Spanish and Japanese too. And, it's quite painful that every time I want to type in English or any language,...
  8. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?: For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome. submitted by /u/Skull_Candy_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  10. Problem with switching languages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with switching languages: After the last Windows update in December, I cannot switch the languages on the keyboard. This issue occurs each time after the update. But the last update is getting me mad because I cannot switch languages at all!...