Windows 10: problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

Discus and support problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Below are my impressions on version 1809 on two different machines. Yesterday I upgraded to ver.1809 build 17763.292 and installed all updates. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenPen, Feb 4, 2019.

1. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

Below are my impressions on version 1809 on two different machines.

Yesterday I upgraded to ver.1809 build 17763.292 and installed all updates. All seems to work well except for the connection with my Synology NAS. The disk station is has the latest update and is connected to the same network.

1. Edge browser dismisses an http command to connect to the disk station, while IE and Firefox work as expected.

2. Windows explorer cannot find the name \\diskstation in the network, while there is no any problem on Windows 10 ver 1803 and Windows 8.1.

A month ago I updated another computer to ver.1809 and I reverted back to 1803 because Intel graphics settings would not work, as well as the free version of SoftPerfect RAM disk ver. 3.4.8.

I want to keep the new version 1809, but how can I solve the connection with the NAS?

:)

StephenPen, Feb 4, 2019

2. Problems connecting to Synology NAS in Windows 10

Hi

I've recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 Home (v1703) and am having problems connecting to my Synology NAS. I can access the NAS drive through web browsers with the IP address, and it's showing in "Network" in Explorer. However, whenever
    I try to access it through Explorer (e.g. to map one of my shared folders) I get the following error message:

"Windows cannot access \\LONGDISKSTATION

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found."

So far as I can tell, there's not a problem with the drive as I can access it through web browsers and can access it on other devices - e.g. non-Windows 10 PCs, iPhone / iPad and my Sonos system. Having said that, when I run Synology Assistant on my laptop,
    it doesn't seem to be able to find the NAS drive, even though it's clearly there and apparently can be seen by Windows.

I've tried the basics, such as disabling my firewall and anti-virus, but that doesn't make any difference.

I've had a look at some of the Google threads on this but - honestly - I'm a novice it when it comes to these things and I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place.

If anyone can offer an solutions - in plain English that a layman can follow! - that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Adam Longney, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer cannot access Synology NAS

I am using a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home and suddenly over the last several days a Synology NAS cannot be accessed from the laptop.

More information:

The version of Windows 10 Home - 1803

I have two other PC in the house and both can access the Synology NAS

I also have several Android tablets - they can access the NAS

On the laptop (with the issue) I also have a Synology management software product - It CAN access the NAS and open files

I originally mapped the NAS several months ago on the laptop and the mapped drives worked as expected until yesterday,

Yesterday I started getting messages saying "… the network path was not found." every time I tried to access/map the NAS

After several reboots of the laptop (yesterday) I was finally able to map the NAS, but only by typing in "\\ (NAS Name) \" before I started the mapping process.

This morning the same mapping (that worked yesterday evening) is not working and giving the same error message I saw yesterday morning.

Just to recap

Running laptop - windows 10 Home (1803)

Mapped NAS drives worked fine until yesterday

Synology management software on same PC can access the NAS and open files

Several other PCs can open files

I was able to re-establish connections yesterday by specifying the NAS name when I restarted the mapping

Today the mapping does not work (again).

WilliamToombs, Feb 4, 2019
  4. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

Getting access to my data on Synology NAS

Hi, I have a problem with my Synology DS211j – please any help would be appreciated:
    I bought the Synology NAS about a year ago but after setting-up the NAS I had a stroke :-(.
    I am now trying to re-lean my NASs but am struggling with my Synology:
    I can see the NAS has two disk – a 1Gb disk “Not installed”, and a 2Gb disk “Installed”. As I think I should have some important data, I need to work out what I have on the 2Gb disk or possible even on the 1 Gb disk?
    So the 2Gb disk says it is installed but I don’t know how to get to the data from the disk (and I’m trying to be careful so that I don’t lose the data)?
    ny advise on the steps on get ting access to the date would be really appreciated!

winchesterstoke, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

1. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - problems Synology NAS

2. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  3. Windows 10 cannot find the Synology NAS in my network

Windows 10 cannot find the Synology NAS in my network: Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19042.1165 Version 20H2 dates 3/14/2021 Using the Synology assistant to find the NAS I get a message "No Synology Server was found on the local network." The NAS is hard wired to my private server (AT&T) modem. Synology says it is a local network...
  4. Problems Creating Directory's and copying file on to a NAS synology drive

Problems Creating Directory's and copying file on to a NAS synology drive: Hello I have a problem with windows 10 explorer and my network share on a NAS synology. The issue is that it can not create a new directory with a name I want or able to copy files. Reading and deleting and creating a blank default new directory is fine. I go in to...
  5. Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS

Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS: Hi, I have a Synology DS218J on SMB. I have been able to access it via Windows Explorer with \\hostname just fine, but I just tried today and it no longer works. I get the following error message when I try to access a folder within the NAS [img] I get the following error...
  6. WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10

WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10: Hello, I have installed WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows 10 computer. It works like a champ. I can ssh into my Synology NAS and rsync works. I understand how to set the permissions in the rsync command so that they are correct on the NAS but when I have to sync a NAS folder...
  7. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  8. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...
  9. Can't connect to Synology NAS

Can't connect to Synology NAS: I hope you can help, thanks... I don't have the password for our new Sysnology NAS (I suffered from a stroke just as I was re-installing the NAS last June). Is there anyway to get access to the data that was copied into the NAS please? Thanks! 75145
  10. MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem

MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem: I noticed that Macrium Reflect Free had stared to fail on scheduled backups and in fact was unable to connect to my NAS nor could file explorer, both using the server name. Connection could be made using the IP address. I could see the NAS as a media device but not as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot access synology nas

2. synology network path not found windows 10

3. synology nas not found windows 1809

4. synology does not connect windows 1809,
  5. windows 1809 not able to map nas,
  6. windows 10 1809 network path was not found,
  7. synology drive win 10 build 1809,
  8. windows build 1809 probleme mit synology,
  9. windows 10 version 1809 synology,
  10. windows 10 1809 cant connect to synology