Windows 10: problems with task bar, how do I fix?

Discus and support problems with task bar, how do I fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TwangyMoney, Jun 2, 2022.

1. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing these problems could maybe not let that happen again.Issues foundRequired applications are not installed correctly.Required applications are not installed correctly."Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.Not fixedInstall the applicationsCompletedTile database is corrupt.Tile database is corrupt.Not fixedRepair tile databaseCompletedPotential issues that were checkedPermi

:)

TwangyMoney, Jun 2, 2022

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 2, 2022
  3. Task Bar Problems

Hi Tracy,

We understand that you are facing multiple problems on your Windows 10 system. We’ll certainly help you with this.

Which Windows update caused the Start menu to stop working? Please let us know the KB number of the Windows update.

To find the KB number of the Windows update please follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + I key.

2. From the window select Update & Security.

3. Click on Windows Update.

4. Click on Advanced Options.

5. Click View your update history.

To fix the issue related to Task bar, I would suggest you to terminate explorer.exe
    and then restart it.

1. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete and open Task manager.

2. Search Windows Explorer and right click on it.

3. Click on end task. Now, the screen will go blank.

4. Click on File and select Run new task.

5. Type explorer.exe and click OK.

To fix the issue related to Internet connections, refer the following link and try the suggestions provided by one of the
    Community user, jtelliott94 on March 25, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ccording/5f54e033-9d49-4de0-bf23-576653641b20

Hope this will help you. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 2, 2022
  4. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

problem with task bar

Hi Syed,

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if that helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 2, 2022
Thema:

problems with task bar, how do I fix?

1. problems with task bar, how do I fix? - Similar Threads - problems task bar

2. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with task bar, how do I fix?: Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing these problems could maybe not let that happen again.Issues foundRequired applications are not installed correctly.Required...
  3. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with task bar, how do I fix?: Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing these problems could maybe not let that happen again.Issues foundRequired applications are not installed correctly.Required...
  4. The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I fix it?: The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I correct the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-icon-on-my-task-bar-is-gone-how-do-i/c800806e-8c00-416a-ab83-6f628bfb5df7
  5. The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I fix it?: The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I correct the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-icon-on-my-task-bar-is-gone-how-do-i/c800806e-8c00-416a-ab83-6f628bfb5df7
  6. The volume icon on my task bar is gone. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task bar problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar problems: I'm on a Japanese version of Windows 10, with English set as my main language, dual monitors.After installing the June Windows update, some icons are not showing in my taskbar, and my taskbar keep resetting itself- everything freezes for a few seconds, the taskbar disappears,...
  8. How do I disable the task bar preview/thumbnail problem?

How do I disable the task bar preview/thumbnail problem?: This has only ever been a hindrance to me. This pop-up thumbnail is in the way. I have never used it and I now find it trips me up and slows down my work I am a keyboard person.I would prefer nothing ever pop up like that, the alt-tab function is way more efficient. I do not...
  9. Problem on task bar

Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911
  10. how to fix the problem of not showing battery icon on task bar

how to fix the problem of not showing battery icon on task bar: how to fix the problem of not showing battery icon on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-problem-of-not-showing-battery-icon/933daeb2-8290-4ce7-a7ee-01359e1ee73c