Windows 10: Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

Discus and support Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread.I Receantly Upgraded/Updated my Laptop from Windows 10 -to- Windows 11 because the system kept notifing me of Compatabillitie so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sithveirDRAGCOS_theDRAGON, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

Split from this thread.I Receantly Upgraded/Updated my Laptop from Windows 10 -to- Windows 11 because the system kept notifing me of Compatabillitie so I did, I had many various Issues the first 5/7 days with it, First - NO BACKGROUND/Desktop-Taskbar, No Desktop Icons, ~ although Luckily I managed to find an old suggestion on Microsofts' FORUMS a few nights ago, that fixed that -- BUT! the Main problem I am haveing Constantly is "ANTIVIRUS SCAN FAIL* when ever Trying to download anything, I've gone into Windows securty/Defender Program, I've attempted to ReSet the *INTERNET SECURITY ZONEING SE

:)

sithveirDRAGCOS_theDRAGON, Dec 15, 2021

2. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 15, 2021
  3. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

Hello guys,

Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10?

Carl Lawrence2, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

Smeed, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

1. Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner - Similar Threads - Problems Anti Virus

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  4. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Does Microsoft family features have anti-virus protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/ce4ea72a-e824-464f-9934-4d58e990b41c
  5. anti virus

anti virus: Can I run AVG anti virus along with Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/934f8e1b-28d3-4e6c-9bad-d2a36c616128
  6. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  7. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  8. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04
  9. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?: Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10? 76664
  10. anti malware scanner

anti malware scanner: Hi I have tried Trend Micro, Emisoft and a couple of other stand alone scanners to check my a/v program - Defender. Each has been detrimental. One left "bin" a folder that only Unlocker could remove. Another I had to use Revo to uninstall. Is there a reliable one that...