Windows 10: problems with the battery of my laptop

Discus and support problems with the battery of my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have problems with the charge of the battery of my laptop, when the charger is connected my laptop works, but when disconnecting it's turned off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ConnySanders, Dec 3, 2018.

1. problems with the battery of my laptop

I have problems with the charge of the battery of my laptop, when the charger is connected my laptop works, but when disconnecting it's turned off, it's a practically new laptop

:)

ConnySanders, Dec 3, 2018

2. Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

problems with the battery of my laptop

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

problems with the battery of my laptop

1. problems with the battery of my laptop - Similar Threads - problems battery laptop

2. Is my laptop battery ok?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop battery ok?: I was noticing a sudden performance drop in my laptop so I decided to give it in servicing and reset it completely. Later when it came back, still it was not able to give out performance, as in it was not able to give 60 FPS in normal Minecraft game.I brought it in 2020 and...
  3. Battery Problem on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Problem on Laptop: Hi, I'm using an Asus A455L Series and I feel like the battery is going haywire. The battery drains quickly from 100 to 25 in mere 1-2hrs and shows only 5minute to display when its at 25%. I charged it and its working alright yet I realise it charges fast. Isit incorrect...
  4. Battery Problem on Laptop

Battery Problem on Laptop: Hi, I'm using an Asus A455L Series and I feel like the battery is going haywire. The battery drains quickly from 100 to 25 in mere 1-2hrs and shows only 5minute to display when its at 25%. I charged it and its working alright yet I realise it charges fast. Isit incorrect...
  5. Laptop Battery Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Problem: Hello everyone,I have an issue on my HP Elitebook 745 G4. The battery has 60% or 80% charge and I shut it down. When I turn it on, everything looks fine until I log into windows. The battery suddenly drops to 0% and the laptop turns off.If I plug the power cable when I turn...
  6. Laptop Battery Problem

Laptop Battery Problem: Hello everyone,I have an issue on my HP Elitebook 745 G4. The battery has 60% or 80% charge and I shut it down. When I turn it on, everything looks fine until I log into windows. The battery suddenly drops to 0% and the laptop turns off.If I plug the power cable when I turn...
  7. Laptop Battery Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop battery problem

Laptop battery problem: I plugged my laptop for several hours and it is not charging at all. There is a blinking orange light in the center of the base of the computer. the computer works fine as long as I have it plugged. The battery is not charging at all. It shows 2% charge....
  9. Laptop battery problem

Laptop battery problem: I've recently gotten notifications that my battery is low on charge, although I have kept the laptop docked and plugged in. It now says it is plugged in and discharging and has only 5% charge remaining. What is the problem? Do I need a new battery?...
  10. Laptop new battery problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop new battery problems: Hi Guys...... have just replaced the battery on an old laptop (yes it is on Windows 10) My problem is that it only charges to an indicated 73%. On some computers it is possible to recalibrate this indication - what can you suggest. I have metered the output from the...