Windows 10: Problems with the headset microphone.

Discus and support Problems with the headset microphone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] (Warning, long post ahead) Hello everyone. I hope you are having a good day. I have been having some serious issues with my headset mic on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Agent_Intel, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Problems with the headset microphone.

Problems with the headset microphone. A8hHKa9xbbKcQgeKQ03cQUJpB8APt285_n7DBMYl1h0.jpg

(Warning, long post ahead)

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a good day. I have been having some serious issues with my headset mic on windows 10. To be clear, it works completely fine on my Xbox one.

The headset is an Astro a10, which is supposed to work on pc. When on my Xbox, the audio and mic both work fine. On my pc, only the audio works.

I have already done all the obvious stuff like enabling it in settings for each app, and I changed the privacy settings. I also went into the sound settings into the control panel and enabled what I thought was the mic. Here are some screenshots from in there:

https://preview.redd.it/x086m9lmken...bp&s=5a3b2826ae05059ea16f9d1384db7ab81653a48b

So basically, what is the stereo mix? It was disabled by default, and I made it the default. Should I not use it?

This would always happen when I plugged the headset into the green audio jack in my pc. Plugging it into the pink would instead result in the audio not working, and the mic sort of working. Like it was incredibly distorted.

Is there a way to get the mic and audio to work? What should I do here?

submitted by /u/Agent_Intel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Agent_Intel, Sep 15, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Jen.Q Win User
    Headsets microphone is not working

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here's what you can try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone

2. Click the Change button, then make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.

3. Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.

If you still continue to have the same problem after doing the troubleshooting steps, then proceed to the steps below:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Sound

2. Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.

3. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.

4. Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.

5. Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.

6. Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.

7. Click OK

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Jen.Q, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Problems with the headset microphone.

Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Problems with the headset microphone.

1. Problems with the headset microphone. - Similar Threads - Problems headset microphone

2. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  3. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  4. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem: my headset microphone,specifically a logitech G431,was running fine till one day,it suddenly switched to my default laptop mic.At the time I had no clue what was going on,as I couldnt remember what i did wrong.Time passes and eventually I did something and it was fixed,and...
  6. Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem

Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem: If you have a camera with a microphone hooked up to your pc and you also had a headset with a microphone hooked up to your pc could your microphone with your headset stop working with your headset? Like stopped working as in when you go to the control panel> Hardware and...
  7. headset with microphone

headset with microphone: I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-microphone/fac76416-4b92-4cf3-85d0-ee9de8683d47
  8. headset microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset microphone: I have a HyperX Cloud Revolver and i recently got a new mic from amazon for it since i lost my last one... i have a laptop... Acer Predator Helios 300... ive looked in recording devices even checked disabled... not there... i went into device manager... tried disable and...
  9. USB Headset microphone problem

USB Headset microphone problem: Okay here is my problem, I've been using a USB gaming headset for years. I had a Soundblaster Tactics Rage headset, then suddenly last year windows decide that it detects the microphone but it refuses to use it. Long story short, I recently got a new headset and it is...
  10. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...