Windows 10: Problems with the latest Windows update

Discus and support Problems with the latest Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest Windows update a few days ago removed every application that was on my desktop. I tried in reinstall a game and I got the following message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Barbara LMcCarron, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Problems with the latest Windows update

The latest Windows update a few days ago removed every application that was on my desktop. I tried in reinstall a game and I got the following message :

Error Opening file for writing C:\Program Filesx86 Common files\Datamode\Encore\Hoyle Puzzle Game 2010\dicomp.dll

This game worked fine on the morning of the update. How can I install my game?

Thank you.

Barbara

:)

Barbara LMcCarron, Jan 29, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problems with the latest Windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems with the latest Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Problems with the latest Windows update

1. Problems with the latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Problems latest update

2. Problems with latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with latest windows update: I installed "2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030310" and it seemed to complete successfully, however I encountered a problem and the system rebooted to a black screen and although I could see a yellow arrow I was unable...
  3. Problems with latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with latest windows update: I installed "2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030310" and it seemed to complete successfully, however I encountered a problem and the system rebooted to a black screen and although I could see a yellow arrow I was unable...
  4. Problem updating to latest windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating to latest windows?: For the last month i cant update to latest windows and its got to a point the microsoft store wont update anything and its self at alli need help 2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5026446Windows troubleshooter Error code :...
  5. Problem updating to latest windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating to latest windows?: For the last month i cant update to latest windows and its got to a point the microsoft store wont update anything and its self at alli need help 2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5026446Windows troubleshooter Error code :...
  6. problems with the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with the latest windows update: I updated my windows 10 a few days ago and since then my laptop is doing alot of weird stuff like it deletes some of the apps i have when i try to open them (not the app data just the icon that i use to open the app) also some of the apps that would run smoothly before are...
  7. latest windows update - problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows update - problem: Hello. So the problem is that for 4 hours now the update of the 1903 version has stuck on pending to install 88%. Also the other 6 updates are "awaiting install". I've tried restarting the pc but nothing changed. Now that I am writing that the status said it couldn't install...
  8. Problem with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with latest update: I used chrome for everything, but after the update I wasn't able to get any audio(I have done all my setting checks, reinstall, and restarted PC) so now I'm using edge. It was going fine until I today where it just nonstop screeched when I loaded it(it sounded like a fire...
  9. latest update PROBLEMS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update PROBLEMS!!: My computer repair company says it is the latest Windows 10 update that caused this ---- When I TRY to first sign on to any of my favorites (facebook, target, banking, etc) the windows homescreen has moved a tad to the right and I DO NOT have A SCROLL BAR AT ALL to use....
  10. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    latest update problems: 19 days ago i was having issues with performance but that was fixed with a simple GFX drv reinstall and it was problem free. Now noticed Win10 had updates pending, kb4088776 & 4088785. installed fine, restarted ok but now i'm getting intermittent freezes, when trying to...