Windows 10: Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

Discus and support Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every since the new, required update occurred this month, my audio has gone awry. First, it deleted some of my profiles and my plug-and-play speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LacyRice Jr., Aug 30, 2019.

1. Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

Every since the new, required update occurred this month, my audio has gone awry. First, it deleted some of my profiles and my plug-and-play speakers no longer work. It defaulted to a "PlayOn Virtual Audio Device" which actually has no audio. I was able to get by with my Bluetooth speakers. However, now somehow my Bluetooth has been erased. I was having problems today with audio, when I noticed that all of my Bluetooth profiles were gone in "Sound". I used the virtual assistant for help and it advised going to my Device Manager. When I went there, my Bluetooth icon was gone and I could not find it anywhere. This is similar to Microsoft doing the big Windows 10 implementation that erased my USB 3.0 ports. I still have not gotten those back.

Additionally, since this "update" came through, I can not longer awaken from Sleep. My computer will run and use big energy as evident by the fan working harder. But, my screen no longer awakens and I have to hard reboot TWICE in order to sign back in. This is very inconvenient. It's another example of Microsoft making things more difficult. Three items which worked on my computer no longer work and now I assume that my bios is screwed. Linux is looking a lot better. I switched one computer that I own and my parents' computer to Linux OSs after crashes and the backups being erased. I am looking to switch two more of my systems to Linux or another free OS. I might do the same with this one. I don't have time for headaches and things not working how they should.

Thanks again for making things more difficult, Microsoft. As a content creator, you really messed things up. You did what you had to do without considering your customers. I guess it's time we did the same.

:)

LacyRice Jr., Aug 30, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 30, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

1. Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary? - Similar Threads - Problems Update Why

2. Is it necessary to download cumulative update in windows 10-64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it necessary to download cumulative update in windows 10-64bit: Today when I open my pc it ask cumulative upade but i dont know about cumulative upade should i give the permision to download or not. Please tell me what's the benifit and los to download this update in my windows 10 64-bit....
  3. Is it necessary to download cumulative update in windows 10-64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it necessary to download cumulative update in windows 10-64bit: Today when I open my pc it ask cumulative upade but i dont know about cumulative upade should i give the permision to download or not. Please tell me what's the benifit and los to download this update in my windows 10 64-bit....
  4. Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?: There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for official public documentation of why and when this is necessary, or an alternate solution and the location of that public...
  5. Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?: There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for official public documentation of why and when this is necessary, or an alternate solution and the location of that public...
  6. Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?

Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?: There is an Insyde's firmware update along with Rivet network LLC software component and 5 of Intel's System updates. I am not a tech guy but I know firmware are BIOS updates and its not recommended to update them unless necessary. So, I am confused if I should update these...
  7. KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update - Why is it necessary?

KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update - Why is it necessary?: This update was recently installed on my laptop a 2009 Samsung NP-R720-PS01UK which has been running extremely well since I installed an SSD and reformatted Windows 10. After the update I began suffering graphical corruption in Windows and an occasional Blue Screen Of...
  8. When is it necessary to update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When is it necessary to update?: Hello, everybody, I have windows 10 Pro version 1903 and mainly use the computer for photo editing, video editing and gaming. Usually my policy regarding updates is to install them when the system requires them in a recommended or mandatory way. Or when an update does not...
  9. Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?: If I only have one Windows 10 device, should I turn off syncing and not worry about it anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-windows-10-necessary/befc1ffe-fa65-4397-935f-4e1705d4df3a"
  10. why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is a standard account necessary in windows 10: why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-a-standard-account-necessary-in-windows-10/a564a609-368e-43f8-a5d4-32a08ea9bcec"