Windows 10: Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.

Discus and support Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it. in Cortana to solve the problem; Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer How to fix it * Original title: How to fix it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MAAKHAN786, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.

Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer

How to fix it

* Original title: How to fix it

:)

MAAKHAN786, Jul 29, 2020

2. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.

1. Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it. - Similar Threads - Problems search bar

2. how to fix windows 11 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix windows 11 search bar: My windows 11 search abr for some reason is not responding to anything i type out. This also happens to my search bar in the settingsI have tried many suggestions to fix this from this comment linked...
  3. how to fix windows 11 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix windows 11 search bar: My windows 11 search abr for some reason is not responding to anything i type out. This also happens to my search bar in the settingsI have tried many suggestions to fix this from this comment linked...
  4. How to fix the search bar help

in Cortana
    How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  5. How to fix the search bar help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  6. How to fix the search bar help

7. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

in Cortana
    On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?: The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my computer so far, but it hasn't fixed the issue. Screenshot...
  8. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?: The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my computer so far, but it hasn't fixed the issue. Screenshot...
  9. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

10. Problem with windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows search bar.: I am using windows 10 of version 1511.I have an problem with my windows search bar sir,if i try to type any thing to search in it it is just getting exited from it and not showing any thing.And also the abbrevation on the search bar has to be 'Type to search here' but for me...