Windows 10: Problems with the TV and Videos app

Discus and support Problems with the TV and Videos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last night I played two of my personal videos and after that the application refused to open! It was loaded forever and then gave an error notice!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeborahDawkins, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Problems with the TV and Videos app

Last night I played two of my personal videos and after that the application refused to

open! It was loaded forever and then gave an error notice! What happened? Nobody knows?

:)

DeborahDawkins, Oct 19, 2018

2. Movies and TV app Problem

It restored my user data and still the same problem, so pls anything to help..........

samuelallotey, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Movies and TV app Problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Movies and TV App is unable to play videos in Windows 10.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to use the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and see if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the above recommendation did not help, I suggest you to reinstall the app and check for results.

Step A

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter to uninstall the app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Step B

Install the App from:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFJ3P2

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Problems with the TV and Videos app

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Problems with the TV and Videos app

1. Problems with the TV and Videos app - Similar Threads - Problems Videos app

2. Still photo from video in Films & TV app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still photo from video in Films & TV app.: I open video in Films & TV app, choose edit looks like safety pin, then select save photo from video, then on new picture click save a photo. Get message saving. Then what, please???? Where is the photo?...
  3. Still photo from video in Films & TV app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still photo from video in Films & TV app.: I open video in Films & TV app, choose edit looks like safety pin, then select save photo from video, then on new picture click save a photo. Get message saving. Then what, please???? Where is the photo?...
  4. Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag: Hi, Any video file I play through the Windows 10 "Films & TV" app causes video to lag behind the audio. Video and audio playback is smooth but not synced. What can I do to fix this? Thank you...
  5. Movies & TV app - Looping Playlist of videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app - Looping Playlist of videos: Is there a way to make your videos repeat when you hit the end of the list? I'm using videos on my "Personal" list. I can make it move to each subsequent video, but I can't make it loop when it hits the end of the list. Anyone figured it out?...
  6. Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app

Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app: My Dell computer came with the Movies & TV app as the default video player. In the 2 years I've had the PC I've had no problems with it and I really like it as a player. But starting about 2 months ago or so certain videos played with the app have a very bad stuttering...
  7. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...
  8. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...
  9. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...
  10. Can't resume video in Windows Movie & TV app

Can't resume video in Windows Movie & TV app: Hi, I really like the default video player in Windows - "Movies & TV" however whenever my pc I guess sleeps I always get an error on trying to resume video. This has been happening for awhile, through various updates. I am updating Windows now but I have little faith it...