Windows 10: Problems with the update of 20H2

Discus and support Problems with the update of 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't install Bitdefender because of a Windows problem. Is there any way to roll back to a version of Windows 10 before the update of 20H2?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColleenHeenan, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Problems with the update of 20H2

I can't install Bitdefender because of a Windows problem. Is there any way to roll back to a version of Windows 10 before the update of 20H2?

:)

ColleenHeenan, Feb 19, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 20, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2021
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Problems with the update of 20H2

Some Feature Update 20H2 problems

A friend contacted me about some issues he's having after the 20H2 update.
    • Windows Live Mail now asks for a password when it opens
    • Not playing nice with Outlook and his Apple calendar...("we don’t recognize the files")

I told him to restore a disk image (hopefully he did that before the update). But now wondering if there might be a relatively easy fix.

Also, if you uninstall the update, will that correct these kinds of problems, or would he just be spinning his wheels? (The option to Roll Back is greyed out in the 20H2 settings, probably because of the Enablement Package type install)

Thema:

Problems with the update of 20H2

1. Problems with the update of 20H2 - Similar Threads - Problems update 20H2

2. Problem with updating 20h2 from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with updating 20h2 from 1909: Dear Sir/Madam,the 20h2 patch was shown in my windows update section. I tried to updated it twice but there was an update error 0x800707e7. Now, i want to update it again but the 20h2 is no longer showing on the windows update section. how could I call it out again to perform...
  3. Problems in Windows 10 20H2 update

Problems in Windows 10 20H2 update: [ATTACH]Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I'm updating my Windows 10 PC from Version 1909 to 20H2, but it's stuck at 96%. Please Help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-windows-10-20h2-update/986885b8-1e20-4592-a235-45e3529a4fed
  4. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  5. March 20H2 update, endless problems

March 20H2 update, endless problems: All problems started after running Windows Update on 3.10.2021 ~5GB downloaded. The 1st symptom was that the Cryptographic Service often ties up my 1TB HDD for long periods. Lenovo x64 laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 purchased November 2020, with Win10 1909? pre-installed. I did no...
  6. microphone problem on 20H2 update

microphone problem on 20H2 update: i already tried the 20H2 update, when i update my laptop, the microphone doesn't work, i thought that my headset is broken, but when i try it on may phone, it working as usual, so i try it without my headset, then i still can't use my microphone, so i reinstall the previous...
  7. Windows update 20H2 Problem

Windows update 20H2 Problem: Once I install the update 20H2 onto my computer I can get to the lock screen, but once I log in there is nothing but a black screen - and my cursor - no GUI. However, I can use Ctrl Alt Delete to get to task manager - from which I can use CMD to open any apps I want to use. I...
  8. Problem with windows 10 20h2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with windows 10 20h2 update: After installing the latest version of Windows 10, I had so many problems. Some keys of my laptop are not working on the other hand, in every browser, I can't type anything on the address bar because it opens random tabs and which is very frustrating. I can't even watch a...
  9. Some Feature Update 20H2 problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some Feature Update 20H2 problems: A friend contacted me about some issues he's having after the 20H2 update. Windows Live Mail now asks for a password when it opens Not playing nice with Outlook and his Apple calendar...("we dont recognize the files") I told him to restore a disk image (hopefully he did...
  10. Problems after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...