Windows 10: Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020

Discus and support Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Until now we have not found out which most likely cumulative updates of the last months exactly results in these problems but our users PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bernd Leutenecker, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020

Hello!

Until now we have not found out which most likely cumulative updates of the last months exactly results in these problems but our users PCs Win 10 x64 enterprise v1809 and some with v1903 run in several problems afterwards:

1 Trouble with using PCL-printers after updating

2 Pdf24 cannot create new Pdf-files anymore after updating

3 PCs won't work with our WSUS-server anymore after updating and they won't update MS-Defender anymore too

Are this known problems, are there any workarounds or solutions?

Thank you, MS - again I am facing the problem that updating should be stopped until it is not certified that updates won't create problems ... And uninstalling cumulative updates / monthly rollups means removing security fixes as well.

With Win10 we had switched to MS-Defender only but now it seems that we need to install another antivirus-software as well.

Ever since after Win7 several of my IT-colleagues have switched to MacOS or Linux - and I hardly can blame them ...

Regards

Bernd

:)

Bernd Leutenecker, Aug 21, 2020

2. July and August 2020 cumulative quality update issue

Dear All,

I have tried to carry out auto update from 19041.264 (2004). The update of July and August 2020 is taking almost two days with dotted lines in all desktop's.

Is there any issue with quality update of July and august 2020??

Even after 2 days the same doesn't updates the pc gets shutdown after sometime??

Regards

Venkat

Venkatesh B, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Install fails for July 2020 and August 2020 cumulative updates for 1909 x64

I recently updated in June to version 1909 of Windows 10 on my 2018 Dell Inspirion 7373 laptop. I've noticed in Windows Update history that both the July 2020 and August 2020 cumulative updates have failed after multiple install attempts. The installation
    gets to 100% and then I get a message that it failed and that it'll try again later. I've tried restarting Windows Update, clearing the distribution folder, downloaded and tried to update manually, etc. and the issue persists. I've search online to see if
    anyone else is having the same issue and have found several people getting the same error code (0x800f0986) with the same version of Windows 10 (1909) and the issue seemed to start after updating to Windows 10 version 1909. Is this issue being looked into?
    Troubleshooting Windows Update finds no issues and I really don't want to mess around with my computer any further since it seems to be a problem on Microsoft's end and I have college classes starting up in less than 2 weeks with it mostly being online coursework
    and can't risk making my computer unusable by tinkering with it. I'm not having any other issues with Windows or the computer so it's really just me feeling uneasy because I've missed two cumulative updates now and I know security upgrades are within those
    updates. The .Net Framework and servicing stack updates always download and install without issue, it's just the cumulative updates that download, install to 100%, then fail with an error code 0x800f0986.

Another unusual thing I noticed is sometimes when I look at Windows Update it has the green checkmark and says I'm all up to date even though in it's update history it says the cumulative update failed. Manually searching for updates brings up the uninstalled
    cumulative update again only for it to fail again.

ClockKing1986, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020

Microsoft August 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes

August 2020 Security Updates

Release Date: August 11, 2020

The August 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    • Microsoft ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Scripting Engine
    • SQL Server
    • Microsoft JET Database Engine
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET Core
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will
      also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for
      more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200811.
    For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of
    Windows are in the left pane).

[table][tr][td]4565349[/td][td]Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4566782[/td][td]Windows 10, version 2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571694[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571702[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571703[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571719[/td][td]Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571723[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571729[/td][td]Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571730[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571736[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4571746[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][/table]

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020

1. Problems with the updates from June, July or August 2020 - Similar Threads - Problems updates June

2. Update issue of August 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update issue of August 2020: After the latest update on August my laptop was unable to install the update but after troubleshoot for various times it got installed. Just after installation the keyboard and cursor started working weird, the cursor was automatically moving down and automatic typo errors...
  3. Windows Update August 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update August 2020: Since the August 2020 update I have lost all my passwords. To make things worse, if I re-enter a username and password for an account, ask to save it, then later close down ... when I re-open the passwords have been lost again. This is not the first time this issue has...
  4. July and August 2020 cumulative quality update issue

July and August 2020 cumulative quality update issue: Dear All, I have tried to carry out auto update from 19041.264 2004. The update of July and August 2020 is taking almost two days with dotted lines in all desktop's. Is there any issue with quality update of July and august 2020?? Even after 2 days the same doesn't...
  5. Install fails for July 2020 and August 2020 cumulative updates for 1909 x64

Install fails for July 2020 and August 2020 cumulative updates for 1909 x64: I recently updated in June to version 1909 of Windows 10 on my 2018 Dell Inspirion 7373 laptop. I've noticed in Windows Update history that both the July 2020 and August 2020 cumulative updates have failed after multiple install attempts. The installation gets to 100% and...
  6. Windows 10 2004 update stalls at 91% 5 times from June to August 2020.

Windows 10 2004 update stalls at 91% 5 times from June to August 2020.: The subject says it all. I have tried on multiple occasions to install 2004 but every time it stalls on 91%. I have left it in this state for up to 12 hours to no avail. Is this ever going to be fixed?...
  7. July 2020 Windows Update Problems

July 2020 Windows Update Problems: My computer Dell XPS 8700 is set to install Windows updates overnight. Lately, almost every Windows update seems to cause issues but the July 2020 update is the worst. It appears that the update did not complete itself so many programs error message - application was unable...
  8. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  9. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  10. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...