Windows 10: Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~

Discus and support Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Heya Was looking for solution for my problem everywhere but couldn't find a solution for my problem. So i hope someone here could help me. So let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Katz, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Katz Win User

Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~

Heya

Was looking for solution for my problem everywhere but couldn't find a solution for my problem. So i hope someone here could help me.

So let me describe what is the problem.
    Touchpad on my laptop is acting up. It is working, it is turned on and enabled and its drivers have been updated.
    Problem is whenever I unplug my laptop from charging as in switching it to battery mode touchpad stops working. When laptop is plugged in and charging touchpad is working perfectly.

If any questions about the problem please do ask I'll let you know as much as i can *Smile

~K

:)

2. KB3081424 Keyboard Problems

My problem with an Acer Aspire R7-572G and clean Win10 installation:

Since KB3081424 mouse, touchpad and keyboard input lag and freeze for short moments.

De-installing won't help, every cumulative update brings back the lagging.

I have an awful win10 user experience since KB3081424 definitely brought this bug in.

I'm up to KB3081448 now, but lagging goes on...

Daryl Shaw, Aug 11, 2016
  3. MalFr Win User
    Win 10 Reboot loop - Stopcode: Memory Management

Good evening Julie,

This is a Dell E6420 laptop - 4Gb ram and 300Gb HDD, with 32bit win10 pro.

I appreciate this this is not 100% certified win10 hardware, but i've had no major issues since i upgraded from win7 last year.

The only minor issue i've had is that the touchpad occasionally freezes for a few seconds. But seeing as i normally use a mouse itdoesn't present any kind of practical problem.

No history of any update nor driver issue/problem since it started with win10. nor were any updates installed, to me knowledge in the days or hours before the problem occurred.

I'll have a few hours later to carry on checking further.

Cheers,

Mal

MalFr, Aug 11, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

If you can find it in Device Manager check to see that it is not allowed to disable itself to save power. It's possible that you could find this setting in the current power plan also. Not sure if this will help but this might be a good starting point.

SoFine409, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Katz Win User
    Heya.
    Went to Device Manager and the option to Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power wasn't checked. Also under power options and advance settings there wasn't anything for touchpad to select. I run out of options what to check. :/

Thank you for advice *Smile

6. SoFine409 Win User
    Do you have a wired USB mouse you could plug in? If you do try that and see if it behaves the same way as the touchpad.

SoFine409, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Katz Win User
    I have USB wired mouse and it doesn't seem to be acting up like touchpad. It works all the time no matter of laptop is plugged in or on battery. :/ Seems only touchpad is messed up sometimes :/

Thank you for replies ^^

8. SoFine409 Win User

I googled your issue and found lots of people who have problems with the touch pad when the charger not plugged in but nothing when it is plugged in. Maybe your battery is defective. Do you have another one that you can try? Maybe you can take it to a shop and have them test the battery output. Other than that I'm all out of ideas. Good luck, I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

SoFine409, Aug 13, 2016
  9. Katz Win User
    You helped a lot and took time to reply to me *Smile
    I'll try what you suggested.
    Thank you very much! *Smile

10. SoFine409 Win User
    If you fine a solution please come back and post it and then mark the thread as 'Solved'. I wish I could have done more to help you.
    Bob

SoFine409, Aug 14, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    Did you try to Uninstall Driver Software, Reboot and re-install it? It should work.

Adalwar, Aug 14, 2016
  12. Katz Win User
    Unistalling - Reboot - re-installing - Reboot made it work! Thank you *Smile

Thema:

1. Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~ - Similar Threads - Problems touchpad since

2. Win10 install problem on m2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 install problem on m2: I bought a 970 evo m2 ssd and really cant install the w10 op on it. I followed these steps. Unplugged the other ssd. Enter the bios. Csm -> disable Secure boot -> other os Key management -> clear Plug usb and install win10. After reboot I entered the bios again. Secure boot...
  3. Win10 installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 installation problem: I am updating for win7 to Win10 and the system report: 0x8007001F-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation. Any recommendations?...
  4. BSODs daily since installation of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs daily since installation of Win10: Ever since I installed Windows 10, in a newly built computer, I have been getting the same 5 or 6 BSoDs and crashes every time I start my machine. It starts with Kernel_Security_Failure, then Page_Fault, then something else, then something else. I've been dealing with this...
  5. Win10 Pro installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro installation problem: Ive dell xps pro, 12model with windows 7. Now I've downloaded windows 10Pro setup from Microsoft site, started installation after submitting keys which I received from a local vendor. These 3 screens are running again n again, whatever I do. Please help....
  6. Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates: In the last week it seems several updates have been pushed to my Win10 laptop and now I have significant latency issues affecting overall sluggishness and streaming audio (not locally stored media). The latency monitor identifies ndis.sys as the latency hog. dxgkrnl.sys seems...
  7. Win10 not updated since installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 not updated since installation: I have two eMachines e528 laptops with identical software and hardware setups. Both have performed reliably for 5 years. Win 10 installed in both with 10.0.10240 build 10240 in October 2015. Current level remains build 10240. No update since install. However other updates...
  8. Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10: Hello, I have an Advent Monza S200 laptop. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10. Before I upgraded my touch pad was working fine, but after the upgrade my touch pad stopped working. Once my laptop is turned on, the cursor is not visable on the screen, the touch pad is...
  9. Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed: Hi folks, I'm back with an old problem - this concern my X300 with ALPS Ultranav touchpad/trackpoint and scroll in win10. Links to the R500 pages https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopi...790780#p790780 Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500? Touchpad Scroll work in...
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....