Windows 10: Problems with two accounts after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Problems with two accounts after Windows 10 upgrade in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all My wife and I had an account each on our desktop PC which allowed each of us to sign in at start-up. There was no password and we were... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by spaceballer, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Problems with two accounts after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello all

My wife and I had an account each on our desktop PC which allowed each of us to sign in at start-up.

There was no password and we were both administrators.

After upgrading to Windows 10, both of our accounts exist on C drive and we can switch between them, however the system automatically signs in to whoever was last on the computer. The lock screen does not appear, although sometimes I think I see it for a millisecond. I only know the lock screen exists by manually switching between accounts.

I have accessed the Advanced User Control Panel and the only users are myself and my wife with administrator privileges, nothing else.

Please help as this is a frustrating problem for an otherwise decent update.

Cheers

SB

:)

spaceballer, Aug 22, 2015

2. Windows edge not working under certain logins

I recently upgraded to windows 10. There are three user accounts. Prior to the upgrade using windows 7 there was a problem with ie. On one account ie would open but you could not navigate. Chrome would work fine. On the other two accounts ie and chrome
    would work fine. After the upgrade the same problem exists. Just substitute edge for ie. I am at a loss why this occurs. Is it a problem with the user account?

thanks

ThaddeusHunt, Aug 22, 2015
  3. shady2k Win User
    Microsoft Account Logon

I have the same issue. I had two accounts, local account and Microsoft. After upgrading to Windows 10 I decided to delete the local account. It is removed, but after each restart reappears.

shady2k, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Problems with two accounts after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Problems with two accounts after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Problems accounts upgrade

2. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  3. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  4. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.: Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow...
  5. User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10: In File Explorer, now has FOUR accounts, specifically, Default, Default Migrated, K, and Public. K should have been my personal user account which was set up under Win 8.1. What are these other accounts doing, why do I need them and how can I remove them? Thanks! 24016
  6. Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10: [img] As you can see here, the battery is stuck at %10, Windows tells me that it needs 5 minutes for a full charge, and this is how it is for the past hour. All this began after the Windows 10 update. the first days it was much better, showing up to 4 hours of battery...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade - two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - two problems.: I updated my Acer Aspire 5551-A Laptop from Windows 7 yesterday, took 8.5 hours but seems to work well except for Windows Live Mail. I have two live.co.uk e.mail addresses that still work, but my wife's, and four old hotmail.com accounts produce this error message -Unable to...
  8. Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10: I upgraded my Dell Insprion 11 laptop to Windows 10 today. Shortly after the upgrade, I rebooted. Now, my desktop will not display; only the tiles. I can see my background picture, but I cannot make the tiles move. Also, the screen on my laptop is supposed to reposition but...
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...