Windows 10: Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

Discus and support Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open so probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ric982, Apr 25, 2022.

1. ric982 Win User

Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open so probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started sticky notes - notes opened but can't type in them. I can type in Notes and in Browser Windows.3 Reset Sticky Notes through Settings>Apps and Features > Sticky Notes > Reset.4 Started Sticky notes - it deleted my notes - still can't type in note.5 Rebooted - still can't type in sticky notes. 6 Googled to find info to restore Sticky notes - need to find a fle. 6 Tried to search in Task Bar Search window - clicking on it open's

:)

ric982, Apr 25, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 25, 2022
  3. kmint Win User
    Search boxes inside windows not working

In the task bar it works normal, it's only the boxes inside the windows as described in this site by someone else.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-b9bdc0aa4734

If I click and type it won't work either. It's really annyong and weird, I cant search anymore in my thousands of files.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do I have to do that? I dont understand what that is.

kmint, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

Search boxes inside windows not working

Hi there kmint

Have you tried typing letters from the keyboard after clicking on the search box?
    Sometimes my cursor doesn't show the writing cursor (blinking straight line) until I start typing.

Do you have the same problem when using the search button/box from the task bar?

You could also try to enable this setting to 'force' a search in the window from just using the keyboard:

• File > Change folder and search options > View
    • Scroll down until you see 'When typing into list view'
    • Choose 'Automatically type into the Search Box'
    • Then 'Apply'

ellellell1, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

1. Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes - Similar Threads - Problems typing Task

2. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  3. Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes: Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open so probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started sticky notes - notes opened but can't type in them. I can type in Notes and in Browser Windows.3 Reset Sticky Notes through...
  4. Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes: Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open so probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started sticky notes - notes opened but can't type in them. I can type in Notes and in Browser Windows.3 Reset Sticky Notes through...
  5. Problems with typing in Task Bar Seqrch Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

in Cortana
    Problems with typing in Task Bar Seqrch Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes: Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open some probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started sticky notes - notes opened but can't type in them. I can type in Notes and in Browser Windows.3 Reset Sticky Notes through...
  6. Cannot type in Search Box of Windows 10, or use Sticky Notes

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Box of Windows 10, or use Sticky Notes: This seems to be not uncommon. I did a factory reset of my PC and installed Windows 10 Pro from a recently created USB flash drive - using microsoft's Media Creation Tool, so the Win 10 version is 21H2 from late February 2022.I found the suggestion to run ctfmon.exe in an...
  7. Cannot type in Search Box of Windows 10, or use Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Search Box of Windows 10, or use Sticky Notes: This seems to be not uncommon. I did a factory reset of my PC and installed Windows 10 Pro from a recently created USB flash drive - using microsoft's Media Creation Tool, so the Win 10 version is 21H2 from late February 2022.I found the suggestion to run ctfmon.exe in an...
  8. Cannot type in Search Box of Windows 10, or use Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing: I'm using a Surface Pro 6 and have had this issue for awhile where I cannot type any text into the search box in the task bar nor in the quick search access of the Task Manager. The cursor doesn't seem to recognize the search boxes. I am running the latest version of Windows...
  10. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53