Windows 10: Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures

Discus and support Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 external enclosures. 1 is a generic Element 3.0 non-UASP. 2 are UASP SYBA 25047 3.1 Gen 2 and ORICO 3.0 - don't know the model. I have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarryWickham, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures

I have 3 external enclosures. 1 is a generic Element 3.0 non-UASP. 2 are UASP SYBA 25047 3.1 Gen 2 and ORICO 3.0 - don't know the model. I have 2 drives that I can switch into any of the enclosures. One is a Seagate 500GB HDD. The other is an ADATA SU800 SSD. I am at the highest level of Windows 10 Feb. 2020 and using a new ASUS F512DA-WH31 laptop.

Using the Element enclosure, both drives work perfectly yielding USB 3.0 speeds using the USB 3.0 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A port. Also, the same results in the USB 2.0 port, just slower speeds.

Using either UASP enclosure, with either drive, and with the drive, and its assigned letter, recognized by File Explorer, when trying to copy a file from the main drive to the enclosure, the copy will start, and then fail with error 0x800701B1. The Event Viewer System Log shows:

event 153 - The IO operation at logical block address 0x6951000 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\0000008d was retried.

event 129 - Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort3, was issued. Source is UASPSTOR

2 event 153

2 event 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR3 during a paging operation.

2 event 140 - The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: D:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume10. This device does not exist.

event 51

event 140

event 50 - {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

If I rename uaspstor.sys to uaspstor.sys.bkup, and copy USBSTOR.SYS to uaspstor.sys assume Safe Mode and Restarts,

all the copies work perfectly!

I assume the problem is with uaspstor.sys. I tried to open an issue with Microsoft support, but they won't even talk to me unless I pay a subscription fee - hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor!

These enclosures have always worked correctly until recently; now, they don't! I see others with the same type of problems

when I research the net.

Is anyone able to help??

:)

LarryWickham, Feb 19, 2020

2. External enclosure

Need some suggestions on an external enclosure. Getting it for my dad, so I need something reliable that is not going to break or have some part of it stop working after a while.

Been looking at this Thermaltake unit. Would like to keep it no more then ~$40. Would go with some of the Rosewill enclosures, but from reading the reviews the reliability shows in the price.

Need something with at least eSATA as he doesn't have a computer with USB 3.0 at all.

Thanks in advance.

mastrdrver, Feb 19, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures

Find someone who has a computer with Windows 10 to test the device. We cannot contribute anything other then keep repeating the same troubleshooting steps over and over.

bro67, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Lt_JWS Win User

Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures

[WTB]   P4 skt 478 with HT, External HDD enclosure

As the title suggest im looking for a cheap P4 with HT, would like a northwood core but a prescott would be fine. Also looking for an external 3.5" HDD enclosure with ethernet/USB *Toast :toast:

Lt_JWS, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures

1. Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures - Similar Threads - Problems UASPSTOR External

2. Windows 11 Not Seeing External USB Enclosure Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Seeing External USB Enclosure Properly: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Arion nvme external drive that I have a 1tb Sabernt drive installed. I have been I used this drive to backup my documents, downloads,... and other misc files before performing a clean install of Windows 11. The drive was formated on a Windows 10...
  3. Move internal Windows 11 install to external enclosure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move internal Windows 11 install to external enclosure: I have a 2 year old ultrabook where the M.2 NVMe drive slot or controller has gone bad drives are not recognized by the BIOS. The M.2 drive itself is fine and fully functional. However, as this M.2 slot on the motherboard is the only one place to attach internal storage, the...
  4. Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure: Hello All Wanted to format a Hard drive in external enclosure, and swap out a very old drive in Mom's Desktop machine, ((No room for SSD in that system unforuately, Older HP P6-2133W AMD A6-3620 Desktop) Anyways dummy me started the task on Secondary Gaming Laptop PC, so far...
  5. External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?: Hello All Not sure if the drive itself is having issues or if it's working by design, and the slow with Macirum backups on Laptop machine to the USB 3.0 Enclosure is working as normal, average is 3-5 hours for 1 full image of the month to go, then 2 Sundays after first of...
  6. External Enclosure Bad drive

External Enclosure Bad drive: Well decided to check out from my old AMD FX system, the 2tb storage drive in the Mass Cool Enclosure, HDTune shows entirely red It went thru that error scan the fastest i ever seen it do one lol, not sure if false positive or what, but just in case, transferring the data...
  7. External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux

External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  8. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Support
    External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  9. External enclosure won't accept different hard drives

External enclosure won't accept different hard drives: Hello, so to better understand my problem, I recently bought an HDD external enclosure for a hard drive that has some old family memories on it. I hooked it up, closed it and connected it to my Windows 10 laptop. My anti-virus scanned for problems, and there were no problems...
  10. External Enclosure for Connecting Media including Firewire

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Enclosure for Connecting Media including Firewire: My old XP computer has a Trust media Connect Bay CR-3300 on the front panel. Would it be possible to remove this and install it in an external enclosure so that I could couple it up to my Windows 10 computer using USB. My main reason for wanting this is that the media card...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uaspstor 129 usb