Windows 10: Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

Discus and support Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to update 1803 to 1903 and now to 1909, I get same error over and over again: Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found. Last Phase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OlafsPG, Dec 8, 2019.

1. OlafsPG Win User

Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

When trying to update 1803 to 1903 and now to 1909, I get same error over and over again:

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.

Last Phase = Safe OS

Last Operation = Relocate OS from D:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to D:\

Error = 0x80070005-0x2000A

LogEntry: 2019-12-07 18:17:55, Error SP Operation failed: Relocate OS from D:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to D:\. Error: 0x80070005[gle=0x000000b7]

The problem is that I have no D drive, so I'm not sure why it is trying to move to a non-existent drive. Tried to insert a flash drive as D drive, then it tries to do the same on an E drive. There is enough space on the system C drive, I uninstalled antivirus, tried media creation tool, tried install from windows update, tried install from upgrade assistant. Nothing works and the same error appears over and over again.

I'm all out of ideas...

:)

OlafsPG, Dec 8, 2019

2. Window 10 installation failed in SAFE-OS phase

Hi,

I have the same problem but on windows 7, I open your link but I can't find the solution of my problem.

My error is the same "Installation failed in SAFE-OS phase"

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Antonio

Luigiantonio Calò, Dec 8, 2019
  3. BobAlston Win User
    windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

bob

BobAlston, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

Install Failure Safe OS Phase during the Install_Recovery_Phase ERROR 0x80004005 - 0x20004

How do I get past when it Fails in Safe OS Phase during the Install_Recovery_Phase ERROR 0x80004005 - 0x20004 ?

JerryJrHajek, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

1. Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase - Similar Threads - Problems update stops

2. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  3. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: 0x8007042b - 0x2000dThe installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.My log file herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHpKABa-wjSgV0vzZqFefoCingS?e=bV1SKf...
  4. Windows 10 installation failure - 'The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation failure - 'The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an...: I've purchased Windows 10 and have tried numerous times to install it and it keeps failing. I checked the system requirements prior to purchasing so know these are OK.I have tried installing any updates and disabling my anti virus software.The message it gives when...
  5. Windows 10 installation failure - 'The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation failure - 'The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an...: I've purchased Windows 10 and have tried numerous times to install it and it keeps failing. I checked the system requirements prior to purchasing so know these are OK.I have tried installing any updates and disabling my anti virus software.The message it gives when...
  6. Windows 10 installation failure - 'The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error...

Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error...: While trying again to upgrade from W7 to W10, it gets through the installation before backing out of everything and giving me this error code: Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation It then...
  8. installation failed in the safe-os phase with an error during boot operation. ERROR...

installation failed in the safe-os phase with an error during boot operation. ERROR...: I have downloaded an iso for windows 10 from the media creation tool, when I am running the setup in the iso it says installing windows 10 it goes 100% it does a lot of restarts and it open to my desktop again and the setup opens and it says the installation failed in the...
  9. the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: error code 0x8007042B - 0x2000D "the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" Hi I am getting this error when ever I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have tried both the Media Creation tool and the Windows Upgrade...
  10. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: Try to upgrade from 1607 to 1709 FCU 0x8007042b - 0x2000d The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. My Laptop is MSI GE62 2QL with Windows 10 Education upgrade with Win10_1709_EnglishInternational_x64.ISO file already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Operation failed: Relocate OS from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to C:\. Error: 0x80070005[gle=0x000000b7]

2. windows 10 safe mode Microsoft Windows application not responding