Windows 10: Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

Discus and support Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to update 1803 to 1903 and now to 1909, I get same error over and over again: Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found. Last Phase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OlafsPG, Dec 8, 2019.

1. OlafsPG Win User

Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

When trying to update 1803 to 1903 and now to 1909, I get same error over and over again:

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.

Last Phase = Safe OS

Last Operation = Relocate OS from D:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to D:\

Error = 0x80070005-0x2000A

LogEntry: 2019-12-07 18:17:55, Error SP Operation failed: Relocate OS from D:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to D:\. Error: 0x80070005[gle=0x000000b7]

The problem is that I have no D drive, so I'm not sure why it is trying to move to a non-existent drive. Tried to insert a flash drive as D drive, then it tries to do the same on an E drive. There is enough space on the system C drive, I uninstalled antivirus, tried media creation tool, tried install from windows update, tried install from upgrade assistant. Nothing works and the same error appears over and over again.

I'm all out of ideas...

:)

OlafsPG, Dec 8, 2019

2. Window 10 installation failed in SAFE-OS phase

Hi,

I have the same problem but on windows 7, I open your link but I can't find the solution of my problem.

My error is the same "Installation failed in SAFE-OS phase"

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Antonio

Luigiantonio Calò, Dec 8, 2019
  3. BobAlston Win User
    windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase

bob

BobAlston, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

Install Failure Safe OS Phase during the Install_Recovery_Phase ERROR 0x80004005 - 0x20004

How do I get past when it Fails in Safe OS Phase during the Install_Recovery_Phase ERROR 0x80004005 - 0x20004 ?

JerryJrHajek, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase

1. Problems with update, stops at SAFE OS phase - Similar Threads - Problems update stops

2. the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: error code 0x8007042B - 0x2000D "the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" Hi I am getting this error when ever I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have tried both the Media Creation tool and the Windows Upgrade...
  3. the installation failed in the safe _os phase with an error during boot operation

the installation failed in the safe _os phase with an error during boot operation: I have downloaded an iso for windows 10 from media creation tool when I am running the setup in the iso I do alla that things needed but when it says installing windows 10 it goes 100% it does a lot of restarts and it open to my desktop again and the setup opens and it says...
  4. Safe Mode problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode problems.: So i have a problem while using safe mode. My keyboard is't working so i can't write to search anything in my PC. Expect for some reason my keyboard does work in browser which is pretty weird. Mouse works perfectly. Also a lot of settings are "disabled" for example i can't...
  5. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: Try to upgrade from 1607 to 1709 FCU 0x8007042b - 0x2000d The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. My Laptop is MSI GE62 2QL with Windows 10 Education upgrade with Win10_1709_EnglishInternational_x64.ISO file already...
  6. safe boot problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe boot problems: Three days after I installed a insiders build it placed my computer in safe mode now I cannot get past sign-in and if I did windows 10 will not load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/safe-boot-problems/2c036a95-f9d2-4329-86a7-ab71f30f6571
  7. Is Superfetch really safe to stop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Superfetch really safe to stop?: In Task Manager, there's a task called ServiceHost Superfetch that takes up a lot of resources and caused the disk to run at 100%. I've googled this and found other people have had this problem. When they asked about ending that task, it's usually said to be safe, and those...
  8. can't stop safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't stop safe mode: My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into...
  9. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode problem: I booted into safe mode and it is not functioning. So I can't get to msconfig to uncheck safe mode boot. Is there a way to access the advanced boot menu before booting into Windows? Used to be F8 but doesn't seem to work in windows 10. Help please 4046
  10. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode problem: I set my settings in msconfig to boot into safe mode. I have now logged into the desktop whilst in safe mode and I notice hardly anything shows. The only icon in the system bar is the notification center, cortana bar shows but does nothing when you click on the bar and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Operation failed: Relocate OS from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS to C:\. Error: 0x80070005[gle=0x000000b7]