Windows 10: Problems with USB 3.0 HDD

Discus and support Problems with USB 3.0 HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some unknown reason my PC no longer recognises USB 3.0, but if I plug in a USB2.0 it sees it straight away. I have searched the net and there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ukbadge, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ukbadge Win User

Problems with USB 3.0 HDD

For some unknown reason my PC no longer recognises USB 3.0, but if I plug in a USB2.0 it sees it straight away. I have searched the net and there is a lot of material out there with plenty of suggestions but none of them seem to work. As I use the USB3.0 drives for back-ups only it is not all heartbreak as I only use them once every 2 months, but this has meant any changes have long gone before I have noticed therefore I have not been able to identify the cause.

Anyone got a suggestion?

:)

ukbadge, Apr 20, 2016
  2. Gogosb Win User

Copying files VERY slow, speed drops to zero, even on USB 3 -- no solutions have worked

I have the same problem.

PC: Lenovo Thinkpad E560

Source: internal SATA HDD

Target: external USB 3.0 HDD

USB Port: 3.0

Driver: Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

The external HDD works well on another PC.

I looked for another driver on Intel and Lenovo site, but I find only for Windows 7 and 8.

I upgraded to a latest BIOS.

The BIOS hardware test tells, that everything is ok and the speed is 50Mb/s.

So appreciate for any suggestions .

Thank you,

Barnabas

Gogosb, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Wireless mouse stops responding when external usb 3.0 device connected

hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I have connected the mouse to the opposite side of the laptop which is 3.0 port and it worked.

It works fine regardless of the distance. Even used it 6 ft away from the port without any issues.

The problem mainly occurs when a USB 2.0 mouse is Connected With A USB 3.0 HDD and Both the ports are located on the SAME SIDE. Then the mouse starts to lag, shutter. or even stops working.

P.S the mouse works fine when the USB 3.0 HDDs or any USB 3.0 devices are disconnected. In the picture you can see both the devices are connected on the same side. The mouse receiver is in USB 2.0 and lagging and USB 3.0 HDD in USB 3.0 port. Issue is faced
    when the are connected in the same side of the laptop. I prefer to keep mouse in USB 2.0 as i frequently need to plus lots of USB 3.0 devices on other port,

Problems with USB 3.0 HDD [​IMG]

Mouse as mentioned works fine when I connect to USB 3.0 port located in the opposite side.

Problems with USB 3.0 HDD [​IMG]

RupanjanNayak, Apr 20, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Reinstall your system's USB 3.0 Drivers.

RWOne, Apr 20, 2016
  5. ukbadge Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. Where would I get the drivers from?

ukbadge, Apr 20, 2016
  6. From either your motherboard's website, or from the USB chipset manufacturer, such as Intel, or whoever makes the ones for your system.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with USB 3.0 HDD - Similar Threads - Problems USB HDD

2. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  3. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  4. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  6. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  7. Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0: Hey sup people, I have this weird issue with a 7200 rpm SATA2 HDD connected to my newer PC (Ryzen 3600, X470) through a USB 2.0 container manufactured by STLab. Both the HDD and the container are 10 years old or slightly more. First of all, no issues with my old Windows 7...
  8. USB 3 dual bay HDD storage with built in RAID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 dual bay HDD storage with built in RAID: Hi there This is a Brilliant device for people who need to add more storage without having to go NAS route etc etc. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) - DUAL BAY - JBOD - HDD ENCLOSURES Cost 50 EUR -- small -- just a tiny bit bigger than the actual HDD's...
  9. Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's

Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's: Hi there Really recommend these WD 4TB self powered USB 3 drives Fast, small, very portable and so far seem very reliable - have tested 2 of them running for around 2 months 24/7 -- no issues whatsoever so I'm satisfied that the reliability is fine. Tested running 2...
  10. 3 tb hdd

3 tb hdd: Hello all, I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue and went ahead loading it with my files etc. All seemed fine until I rebooted my system and now it wont boot up, In fact...