Windows 10: Problems with video playback after 1909 update

Discus and support Problems with video playback after 1909 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, so since updating Windows from 1903 to 1909, I cannot play any video on my computer, all I see is distortion all over, on youtube the same. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozzzy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. ozzzy Win User

Problems with video playback after 1909 update

Ok, so since updating Windows from 1903 to 1909, I cannot play any video on my computer, all I see is distortion all over, on youtube the same. I unistalled update, and went back to 1903, again, problem persisted. I installed fresh 1909 version, again, the same problem. If I uninstall driver for graphic card, I can play vids normally on my hdd, and on youtube also. If I install gpu drivers, older or newer, it is distorted again. But if I turn off hardware acceleration in chrome, even with gpu drivers, it displays it normally, but on hdd the same problem. Don't know what to do, it is annoying as hell. Graphic card works normally, games and other stuff, it's just video playback problem.

:)

ozzzy, Nov 19, 2019

2. Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Video playback problems

Hi Davis,

Based on the information that you have provided, this could be related to incorrect configuration or corrupted device drivers. We recommend that you run the Video Playback troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

Method: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Problems with video playback after 1909 update

Windows 10 video playback problems

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Problems with video playback after 1909 update

1. Problems with video playback after 1909 update - Similar Threads - Problems video playback

2. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  3. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  4. Video playback resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback resolution problem: All of a sudden, all of the videos that I've taken and stored on my Lenovo desktop computer using Windows 10 playback using Windows Media Player as if they are zoomed in and super-pixelated. The same occurs when I try playback using Sony's video editor, Play Memories Home....
  5. Video Playback Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Playback Problem: Videos on my computer have started to just freeze not buffer but just stop and I know it is not an internet connection problem because I can google stuff and even make this post Is there any way I can fix this. submitted by /u/Beanz_B0i [link] [comments]...
  6. Video Playback & Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  7. Problems with video playback and recording after 1903 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with video playback and recording after 1903 update.: I'm one of the few that's never had any problems with this OS before now, but sadly this update it forced on me/nagged me about seems to have broken my video playback and recording capabilities. I record using XSplit products and my videos either come out choppy on my end but...
  8. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
  9. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...
  10. Video playback problems after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback problems after upgrade: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver to no avail. I then noticed that I was encountering the same problem whether I played audio through speakers plugged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media player after 1909 update