Windows 10: Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

Discus and support Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using any video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi to TV after some time connection gets jittery (freezes the starts again etc..)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaburmester, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

When using any video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi to TV after some time connection gets jittery (freezes the starts again etc..) as if something is slowing down video.

Any ideas what could be causing this and if it can de solved?

Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Oct 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 and slow motion video in full screen via HDMI

Has anyone sorted out why there is no option to watch a video in full screen mode via HDMI?? I do not talk about steaming problem or blocked RAM or graphic codec. It is Windows 10 problem. Video or anything else works perfectly on few screens I checked
    until I press Full Screen and then it goes slow mo without sound. Yes, I did try to change resolution or sound sampling down to CD quality, but when press Full screen all goes slow mo, including bought video from MS Store !!! Or VLC or BestPlayer, any.

ThomasEljon, Oct 3, 2015
  3. 720p video on N8 is stretched when using HDMI output

I have a problem using the HDMI output on the N8. When I connect my device to my Denon AVR-1311 with HDMI (then HDMI->DVI to my 1080p display), whilst in the menus, the device uses the full screen; however, when I play a 720p video, instead of being fullscreen,
    the video content has black stripes across top and bottom, stretching the video when it should be full screen instead.

I can't find any settings on the N8 that might be causing the issues...

jessicah---01, Oct 3, 2015
  4. Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

Nobody have this problem?

jaburmester, Oct 20, 2015
  5. What video card do you have?
    Is this a laptop?

sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015
  6. It could be your decoder. When the jittering happens is there a spike in CPU usage? GPU temperature? If you reduce the resolution or disable the monitor (use the tv only) does the problem persist?

sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015
  7. sajidali27,

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X500-10T model number PQX33E.

Video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M.

Problem never happened in previous versions of Windows.

Later on today if it happens again (which most likely will) I will check to see if there is a spike in CPU usage and try and reduce resolution.

Thank you for all help given.

jaburmester, Oct 20, 2015
  8. ITGuy56 Win User

Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

i had the same proble with video streaming in full screen, and at this point i couldn´t now why this problem persist, if you´re using an old laptop i recommend you to change to Windows 7

ITGuy56, Oct 20, 2015
  9. ITGuy56 Win User
    even if he reduce the resolution, the problem still there, i already did it

ITGuy56, Oct 20, 2015
  10. ITGuy56 / sajidali27,

I agree with ITGuy56 that if I reduce resolution problem will persist.

There is no significant spike in CPU usage when problem occurs.

Funny thing is that when I use VLC player if I switch to full screen mode on laptop I have no problems and taskbar disappears but on TV with HDMI connection taskbar does not disappear and I have to set taskbar to auto-hide.

Randomly when watching video I will get momentary freezes which if you move mouse 9 time out of 10 correct problem.

These problems never happened in previous versions of Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1.

Thank you for all help given.

jaburmester, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

1. Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi - Similar Threads - Problems video player

2. Videos lag and stutter in full screen on Windows 11 video player apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos lag and stutter in full screen on Windows 11 video player apps.: No matter the resolution, framerate, video file type or the video player used, the video always plays fine for about 10 seconds and then stutters, lags and skips frames when the video is played in full screen. I have updated both the system bios to latest firmware and updated...
  3. connecting to display via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to display via HDMI: I am using my ASUS laptop for the past 1 and 1/2 years I used to connect to my display to watch anything on a bigger screen suddenly after a windows update, I am not able to connect to my display it had been nearly 8 months I am not able to connect to my display if I try with...
  4. Having problem with playing videos full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problem with playing videos full screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/razorx274 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i30gtv/having_problem_with_playing_videos_full_screen/
  5. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  6. Problem with HDR in full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HDR in full screen mode: In full screen games HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. But in Windows Mode HDR mode gets enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-hdr-in-full-screen-mode/d28365a6-3efc-464a-bc48-7714efbf781b
  7. connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card: my computer will not allow me to project to a second screen. it says reinstall the video card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-second-screen-via-hdmi-cable/130778f2-b53c-4d3e-9503-2a55c3c58b56
  8. Output via hdmi problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Output via hdmi problems: Basically I'm having issues with connecting my pc to my projector, because the second display settings from my previous connection to a TV are not compatible with the projectors parameters. My previous settings were to display only on the TV at 1080/120 hz. My projector...
  9. Minimising & full screen mode problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimising & full screen mode problems: This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem. 2 systems identical other than the CPU, 1 is FX 8350 & the other is FX 8370. Anyways. System A I use & have had windows 10 installed, updated along with...
  10. Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps: In Windows 8.1, if I split my display in half - I could have multiple apps like Internet Explorer and Visual Basic open. Then if I was watching a video on YouTube in full screen mode, the video would still only be displayed in the half of the screen so I could still multitask...