Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10 June updates

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10 June updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently using a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200, It has been working for a number of years and I have keep it current with all the updates. I also have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johagan, Jun 25, 2019.

1. johagan Win User

Problems with Windows 10 June updates

Currently using a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200, It has been working for a number of years and I have keep it current with all the updates. I also have sever other computes of various ages that have completed the June updates without any issues.

With the Windows 10 June updates the system tried to install the updates and requires an restart to complete the updates. When I attempted the restart, the system was unable to implement the updates and lock up. I had to remove the power source and battery twice to allow the system to recover. The system backs out the updates and restarts. The updates KB453327 KB4503308 and KB4465065 show as failed to install. Called the help disk and after several attempts they had me down load and reinstall Windows 10. After several hours the reinstall rebuild completed and the system worked but the June updates needed to be installed. Same results during the restart the system failure and I had to recover without applying the updates. Connected to the help desk reference #1475036309 and we tried several attempts to resolve the issue including have them take over my computer so they could investigate. The help desk move me up to level 2 and over 2 day and 3 support staff, the only recommendation was the BIOS was old and needed to be updated. They showed me were to find the updated BIOS and the instructions for installing the upgrade.

The level 1 and 2 technical staff were very professional and worked with me to attempt to resolved the issue. While machine is over 5 year old, they did not stop trying to find a solution.

I went to the Toshiba (dynabook.com) web site and downloaded the newest version 1.06. When I check the version on my machine it was also 1.06. Followed the procedures and attempted to upgrade. The system did not update since I already was using the version.

Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?

:)

johagan, Jun 25, 2019

2. DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Windows 7 June updates

Earlier in June (this month) Windows 10 Asus X555U went through an update. The update KILLED it so badly that I cannot even switch it on. I've taken it to Asus service center hoping they can revive it.

This laptop is a bit more two years old.

My other is a 2007 Dell Alienware running Windows 7 (I missed the free Windows 10 upgrade and will be doing it soon). On June 15 it had its own update and since then it is
    EXTREMELY SLOW!!

However, in Safe Mode it runs perfectly. So something among whatever else Windows adds in regular mode obviously causing the problem.

Going through the steps suggested by

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

No luck so far.

If this doesn't work will think of recovery to a time BEFORE last update.

Any suggestions for Windows 7 update problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sukumar Roy, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows 10 June updates - Similar Threads - Problems June updates

2. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 June 2022 update: Hi there, 2 weeks ago I started using a PC that was in storage. On my last shutdown it started the June 2022 Window 10 update. For the last 17 hours the screen says "Working on updates 90%. Don't turn off ...... Any suggestions?...
  3. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 June 2022 update: Hi there, 2 weeks ago I started using a PC that was in storage. On my last shutdown it started the June 2022 Window 10 update. For the last 17 hours the screen says "Working on updates 90%. Don't turn off ...... Any suggestions?...
  4. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows update in June

windows update in June: JOSHUA R, kindly sent me a suggestion fix to cure my problem. I was unable to use the suggestion at the time and left email it in myI In box. I have time today to sit to try once again to sort this problem but i can not get access to the information the message says it was...
  6. problems with window 10 update in June.

problems with window 10 update in June.: JOSHUA R, kindly send me a suggestion fix to cure my problem. I was unable to use the suggestion and left it in my in box. I have time today to sit to try once again to sort this problem but i can not get access to the information it ways delete for security!!!!! I wasnt...
  7. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  8. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  9. Windows 10 June update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 June update: When are we going to see a patch which will fix the problem caused by the June update which disables a range of Brother printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-june-update/637d66c5-875e-4a69-a2b6-1ff3d1f316d5
  10. Windows 10 June 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 June 2018 update: The Windows 10 June 2018 update has messed up my Windows Live Mail site. It's like all the lettering and icons are mirrored sideways. Once I open a message, it is okay, but scrolling up and down messages is a nightmare....