Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I primarily run Linux Lubuntu LTS and have installed Windows alongside it after shrinking my 500gb partition to make room for a smaller, 32gb one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wavephem, May 21, 2020.

1. wavephem Win User

Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot

I primarily run Linux Lubuntu LTS and have installed Windows alongside it after shrinking my 500gb partition to make room for a smaller, 32gb one. Lubuntu still remains on the larger partition, but I don't seem to have any way to access it since no boot menu shows when I start my computer, it just automatically boots into Windows. Is there anything I can do to change this? I would much rather use my other OS; Windows is nothing but a headache for me and I only have it installed for games and such.

:)

wavephem, May 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2020
  4. Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot

1. Problems with Windows 10/Lubuntu Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Problems Lubuntu Dual

2. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  3. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  4. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with Dual Boot

Problem with Dual Boot: I had installed Windows 10 and windows 7 on seperate partitions of a drive and the dual boot option was showing and working fine but now, i resized the partition Which failed in the process and now i don't see any windows 10 boot option at startup. My computer boots into...
  6. Dual Boot Problem

Dual Boot Problem: I have a dual boot desktop PC. One SSD is running Windows 10 Home, the other SSD is running an image of the first.I usually create a new image once a month or after a cumulative update and/or feature release has been providedI've just created an image using Acronis Disc...
  7. Dual Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting Problem: In my computer I have 2 SSD. 1 is for my personal use. 1 is for work use. The work use one was cloned from my wife's work PC. I would like to be able to choose from either drive upon startup. However, upon installing the work SSD, it appears that it's drive letter is set to...
  8. Dual boot problems

Dual boot problems: I install some days before on a win7 system win10. Dual boot menu was starting at the beginning of every boot and i choose what i wanted. Windows 7 is very importand for me cause i have installed a digital signature on them and it does not work on Win10. Today this menu of...
  9. Dual-Boot Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual-Boot Problems: I want to get Windows 10 to boot by default, but Ubuntu always does. I have an SSD (W10) and an HDD (Ubuntu) installed in my laptop. I cannot get Windows 10 to boot by default? I went into UEFI, boot order, and set OS to boot priority, and then went into the subdirectory of...
  10. Dual boot problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot problems: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 pro configured as a dual boot system, business and personal. My business side boots fine, the personal side accepts password and then goes to a black screen with a mouse pointer showing, the pointer moves with mouse activity but does not...