Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not because I want it, but because the guy who built my computer likes partitions, he created an S drive on my hard drive. I found how to save files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Country-Girl, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode

Not because I want it, but because the guy who built my computer likes partitions, he created an S drive on my hard drive. I found how to save files to the S drive. But every time I wake my Windows 10 up after sleep mode, the S drive is unavailable. It's nowhere to be found. I've tried everything. If I restart the computer the S drive shows back up. This defeats the whole purpose of using sleep mode. I rely on sleep mode to leave unfinished work open in whatever program I'm working in to finish later when I come back and wake the computer up out of sleep mode. How can I make it stop hiding the S drive every time I tell it to sleep? I have googled all kinds of phrases trying to find the answer, but I can't find anything about settings or hard drive changes when using sleep mode. Thank you.

:)

Country-Girl, Sep 3, 2019
  2. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Sep 3, 2019
  3. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode

Sleep Mode

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you facing any issue with sleep mode function on Windows 10 or sleep mode option is missing from your system?

• What is the make and model of your system?

Reply to us, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode

1. Problems with Windows 10 making changes to my system when I use sleep mode - Similar Threads - Problems making changes

2. Windows 10 and sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and sleep mode problem: Hello,Windows 10 does not come out of sleep mode by pressing the keyboard or mouse button and the system must be rebooted. I have done almost all the steps mentioned in the address, but the problem is still not solved.Any idea?Thank you so much....
  3. Windows 10 and sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and sleep mode problem: Hello,Windows 10 does not come out of sleep mode by pressing the keyboard or mouse button and the system must be rebooted. I have done almost all the steps mentioned in the address, but the problem is still not solved.Any idea?Thank you so much....
  4. Windows 10 and sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?: how do i make my alarms sound when my computer is at sleep mode?I am trying so much but i can not do. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-alaram-sound-when-my-pc-at-sleep/b5a6d77e-eea4-40bf-a917-7a536df15cb8
  6. System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode: System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode, due to this all my opened applications are getting closed even unsaved data will be lost....
  7. System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode: System gets restarted when i put my Windows 11 in sleep mode, due to this all my opened applications are getting closed even unsaved data will be lost....
  8. A problem when i have change my system 8 to system 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A problem when i have change my system 8 to system 10: j'ai un probleme avec l'installation que j'ai faite avec windows 10 sur un sony de model svd132a1jm on m'envoye a la fin de l'installation internal_power_error et on m'envoie une fois sur windows/stop...
  9. Powering off when I use sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powering off when I use sleep mode: For the past 2 weeks or so, I've had an issue where my Windows 10 Pro desktop will fully power off when I put it in sleep mode. I didn't modify any power settings before the issue began. It also only seems to happen after being in sleep mode for a certain period of time. If I...
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...