Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or...

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently got a new gaming PC. Installed Windows 10 Pro and used this method to activate windows. Every now and then I experience stuttering with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vClean, Dec 5, 2019.

1. /u/vClean Win User

Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or...

So I recently got a new gaming PC. Installed Windows 10 Pro and used this method to activate windows.

Every now and then I experience stuttering with playing audio/video, mouse cursor movement, scrolling, etc and/or disconnections from my network.

I have discovered that every time that this happens, windows needs an update. Once the update is finished, and I restart my PC, it seems to go away. It does not go away when I restart it without an update, or by any other method. It should also be noted that, when restarting after these updates, my PC gets stuck on a blue screen reading 'restarting'. I always have to turn the power off and on again. It also often takes longer than usual at startup, getting stuck an a grey screen before the lock screen.

Below is my update log. I understand that windows needs frequent updates, especially windows defender. But the KB number of each update is exactly the same; the version number just continues to increase ever so slightly. Also, I probably wouldn't mind having updates to install daily, or every other day, as long as the fact that they are ready to install didn't impead my usage.

https://imgur.com/a/mT4lNz3

Is it normal to have updates this frequently? And how do I stop this effect? Thanks.

submitted by /u/vClean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vClean, Dec 5, 2019

2. Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

• Does it happen if you start Windows 10 in safe mode?
    • Just for testing, have you tried setting "Processor power management" to always 100%.

Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or... [​IMG]

Bruce Wayne, Dec 5, 2019
  3. HaoForNow Win User
    Connected network causing Windows to stutter

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried Safe Mode with no success. I guess I'm not describing it properly by saying it's stuttering, it's more general unresponsiveness with Windows related programs.

In any case, I'm beginning to suspect it's USB related. I do have the latest drivers for my USB WiFi adapter but my problem is that my X58 motherboard is not officially supported on Windows 10. As a result, there aren't any USB drivers available so I've had to use Windows 7 drivers.

That could be causing my problems.

HaoForNow, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or... - Similar Threads - Problems needing update

2. Service Host: Windows Update - running extremely often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Windows Update - running extremely often: Hello,I have problem with this windows service Windows Update. It is running every half an hour, taking about 30% of the processor capacity. It takes 10-15 minutes to finish, and since my computer is a bit older, it is quite noisy when processor on 30%. Then after half an...
  3. Service Host: Windows Update - running extremely often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Windows Update - running extremely often: Hello,I have problem with this windows service Windows Update. It is running every half an hour, taking about 30% of the processor capacity. It takes 10-15 minutes to finish, and since my computer is a bit older, it is quite noisy when processor on 30%. Then after half an...
  4. Service Host: Windows Update - running extremely often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Update Caused Stuttering -- Is It Fixed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Caused Stuttering -- Is It Fixed?: Back in early 2020, I think it was KB5001330 update, and the previous KB5000842 preview update that caused major stuttering issues for a lot of people including myself. My actual operating system framerate would drop significantly and the sound would stutter as well. I rolled...
  6. Windows 10 Update Caused Stuttering -- Is It Fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Caused Stuttering -- Is It Fixed?: Back in early 2020, I think it was KB5001330 update, and the previous KB5000842 preview update that caused major stuttering issues for a lot of people including myself. My actual operating system framerate would drop significantly and the sound would stutter as well. I rolled...
  7. Windows 10 Update Caused Stuttering -- Is It Fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter: Despite trying every way I can think of to prevent Windows from automatically updating it somehow keeps enabling itself. Forgetting all the work I keep losing when windows forces my computer to restart without my permission, the most recent update I've gotten is causing my...
  9. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!: Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again. Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and secondly due to USB port. The last time I had this problem, if I can remember way before 1709, I had found a solution by...
  10. Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem: About every 2 seconds my cursor will freeze in place for a second and snap to where it's supposed to be. programs do the same thing; while loading they will pause, then snap to where they should have been at that time. I've tried fresh restoring windows and that didn't do...