Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My experience with Windows 10 Updates has been very strange and judging from this forum atypical as I do not see anyone reporting the same tedious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KobeDane, Nov 25, 2015.

1. KobeDane Win User

Problems with Windows 10 Updates

My experience with Windows 10 Updates has been very strange and judging from this forum atypical as I do not see anyone reporting the same tedious experience.

Typically, I will be using my lap top an HP Pavillion dv3 when suddenly everything locks up. The only option is to power down and power up again...when I do so I get a blue screen with circling dots...mostly there are no messages to say what is going on...sometimes a "Please wait"...once, the last update before the one today (26Nov15) I actually got a status of download as I used to get on Windows 7 that walks me through the update...I have tried that waiting thing for up to 3 hours BTW, only to find the same blue screen with spiralling dots after 3 hours. In such cases I just power down and power up and everything seems to work...if I am lucky. If not I carry on cycling on and off until the machine sorts itself which seems to be on at least the 2nd or 3rd go...it's all a bit Mickey Mouse really.

What I would like to be able to do is to schedule my updates or get them with some sort of notification and status so I know how things are going as I used to on Windows 7 which is a system I had never a single problem with...so opposite to all the problems I have had to deal with on 10 since I made the awful mistake of downloading it onto my computer.

At one point I could not even use Office at all and it is critical for my work. Just about everything on my PC has had it's functionality and usefulness degraded. I can no longer use my scanner...I feel, honestly, that Windows 10 should not have been issued when it was...it was not and is not ready IMHO...that is not from the viewpoint of a computer expert just as a User who had nil problems ever with 7 and so many with 10...

Surely an update should not stop you working on your machine when you want to...that seems to me a reasonable expectation...yet these updates just seem to arbitrarily auto load themselves onto my machine at any time regardless. I would dearly like to stop this really annoying and frustrating process. *Rolleyes

I assume that since nobody else is having problems with this that there is a way to avoid this and if someone can help me with that it would be much appreciated. *Smile

In spite of this irregular process of updates when I check my update status I do seem to be in good shape and up to date...so I cannot complain that the updates are not getting onto my machine correctly... *Smile

:)

KobeDane, Nov 25, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Windows 10 Updates

1. Problems with Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Problems Updates

2. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  3. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  4. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  5. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

9. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

10. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...