Windows 10: problems with windows 10

Discus and support problems with windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I forgot my pin and can’t access my computer. How do I reset it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drlarkin, Feb 11, 2019.

1. drlarkin Win User

problems with windows 10

I forgot my pin and can’t access my computer. How do I reset it?

:)

drlarkin, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

problems with windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

problems with windows 10

1. problems with windows 10 - Similar Threads - problems

2. Problems trying to install microsoft suite

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems trying to install microsoft suite: My computer has been having problems for a while and I decided to reinstall windows. The computer is about 7 years old. Everything went well until I tried to install the works suite 2004. I realise that this is an old programme but it does what I need and I had it previously...
  3. Driver Signing Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Signing Problems: Hello, I use a Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset and i have to keep the driver enforcement disabled in order to use this device because of an error message with the Code 52 Error that began to show up after Windows 10 updated one night on its own. However I then cannot...
  4. Server problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server problems: what is up with the server cannot get on all day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-problems/2db5e1b4-b2a3-44f3-836d-f1de5f9e61bd
  5. problems with s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with s mode: Hello all, When I want to install a software (for exemple Nox App Player), it shows me that the S Mode is activated on my computer. But, when I go to the Microsoft Store to disable it, it says to me : "The S Mode is not activated on this computer". Can you help me please...
  6. Problem with HP 15 video within Powerpoint, plugged in charger and not plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HP 15 video within Powerpoint, plugged in charger and not plugged in: When computer not plugged, the embedded videos in Powerpoint play at correct size. When HP 15 is plugged in the embedded videos are zoomed in....
  7. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive: Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-100-usage-of-hard-drive/3be20a83-290a-4cbd-8f49-7f7264b3fa06
  8. Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809

in Cortana
    Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809: I upgraded my Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809. Cortana is slow to trigger and as I speak, it quits without doing anything. Same thing happens when i press the mic option. Also when I search for some app and press Enter, the search menu still draws over other apps and even...
  9. I need to restore A previous save, or somehow fix a problem with my Minecraft Windows 10 world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to restore A previous save, or somehow fix a problem with my Minecraft Windows 10 world: I have a Minecraft world (The Cobble Clicker Map more specifically) that has a problem. One day I got on it (my internet was still on) but my internet went out, so when i went to save and quit the world it did, but when i went to get back on later (my internet was out) i...
  10. Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 USB and Docking Problems: Has anyone encountered this issue? ALWAYS after startup, my Surface Book 2 touchpad freezes for 1-3 seconds several times. After it's done freezing, it gives off the "USB has connected" sound, stops freezing, then does it again and again for about 4-5 times. After it's done...