Windows 10: Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store

Discus and support Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. I just got a brand-new HP laptop that runs Windows 10 Home 1903. I set my Windows account details, but it does not log in correctly. I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BautistaARG, May 18, 2020.

1. Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store

Hi.

I just got a brand-new HP laptop that runs Windows 10 Home 1903.

I set my Windows account details, but it does not log in correctly.

I tried to reset the password, restart the system, even reset Windows from scratch with no luck. It seems there is a problem with Windows Store App which prevents the system from updating. The Windows Store icon is in grey, and does not launch.

I tried to Reset Windows Store, but nothing happens. I also tried to uninstall the App, but it simply does not work.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

:)

BautistaARG, May 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 18, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store :(

Zakin, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store

1. Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store - Similar Threads - Problems Account log

2. [ problem ] Unable to log in to Windows account !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [ problem ] Unable to log in to Windows account !!: Hello, I am happy to communicate with you for the first time. ..and I ask you to help me solve the following problem, where my login to the Windows account was blocked due to the password. ..At first I tried to log in using the PIN CODE, but the message appears:..“YOUR PIN IS...
  3. [ problem ] Unable to log in to Windows account !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [ problem ] Unable to log in to Windows account !!: Hello, I am happy to communicate with you for the first time. ..and I ask you to help me solve the following problem, where my login to the Windows account was blocked due to the password. ..At first I tried to log in using the PIN CODE, but the message appears:..“YOUR PIN IS...
  4. Windows Account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Account log in: I can't get to a place for live support for Windows Account reactivate. I deleted my log in and now says my email address does not exist. When I go to the recovery form the first thing asked is to enter the email address and a second email address for communication. If they...
  5. Windows Account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Account log in: I can't get to a place for live support for Windows Account reactivate. I deleted my log in and now says my email address does not exist. When I go to the recovery form the first thing asked is to enter the email address and a second email address for communication. If they...
  6. Windows Administrator Account Log-in problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Administrator Account Log-in problems: My Laptop is set up with an Administrator Account and a Standard User Account. I use the standard account for day to day running and the admin account for installing stuff and maintenance as I understand that this is the safest way to access windows. I want to be able to...
  7. Problem with logging in to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with logging in to Microsoft Account: For some reason windows is now asking for me to login to my MS account? and it's asking for a very old email address which I changed years ago when I left my old provider to my current one, How can I change login to my account using my current email address? Thanks 176278
  8. log in to windows account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    log in to windows account: Several years ago, I created a windows account with an email address that is no longer valid. I have a different provider. Is that address still what I use as a "user ID"? If so, do I somehow need to provide an active address to be associated with the account?...
  9. Problem with logging into Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with logging into Microsoft Account: For some time, I have problem with Microsoft Account - I can log-in to Windows, but it complain frequently about 'need to fix account'. When I click on fix account, some window flashes three times, and nothing happens. So, I cannot use EdgeDev syncing, I cannot use Mail, I...
  10. Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store: I'm having an extremely annoying issue with the Windows Store. I need to log into an account because I need to use Enpass password manager's premium features but it's a UWP app so I need a Microsoft account to pay for the premium. At first the store wouldn't open at all. It...