Windows 10: Problems with Windows boot manager

Discus and support Problems with Windows boot manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tigerman82, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Problems with Windows boot manager

I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had installed OpenELEC (a portable KODI OS if you will). I can access OpenELEC via NUC's boot manager/BIOS but that's pretty clumsy (especially since all the partitions that the Windows installer created are also shown).

I had installed EasyBCD in hopes of creating a more user-friendly boot menu, but then noticed upon booting that the Windows' own boot manager started appearing when I switched the NUC on. It listed both the Windows 10 and the OpenELEC bootloaders correctly but only the Windows one worked (when I click on the OpenELEC bootloader, the system just boots to Windows). However, when I Shift+Restart Windows to get into the Advances Startup Options, go to the Use a device menu and select the same UEFI: USB: SanDisk Extreme 0001: PART 0, OS Bootloader, that was listed in the Windows boot menu, it boots correctly to OpenELEC. I also have to mention that for some reason the Windows boot menu doesn't appear in every boot so when I switch the NUC on, it might go straight to Windows.

Are these problems (A. Windows boot menu doesn't appear everytime, B. selecting OpenELEC OS Bootloader in Windows boot menu boots to Windows while it works via Advanced Startup Options) related to Windows 10 having bugs or is there a problem I might be able to fix with your help?

:)

Tigerman82, Jul 4, 2015

2. Windows will not boot.

It actually depends on which OS managing the booting.

If booting is being manage by Linux, then there would be a lot of problem, Linux is unable to handle boot well and normally it cause more problems. If you manage to boot into Windows, then create repair disk and boot with it and then try to repair your Windows
    boot.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Nokia phone download problem

Hi all, I have just acquired a Nokia Lumia 625, and am trying to download Skype from the Microsoft shop. Two things happen -- either Microsoft does not recognise the password for my newly acquired account (although it does accept it when I access it from
    my PC), or I get an error code message, 8009030e. Very frustrating... Thanks for any help!

Problems with Microsoft, Jul 4, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Windows boot manager

1. Problems with Windows boot manager - Similar Threads - Problems boot manager

2. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  3. Windows boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager problem: Hi, So about 3 weeks ago I did the update from win10 to win11, but I had to convert C: drive from MBR to GPT I did it with the MBR2GPT command. Since then, I was able to enable UEFI mode in BIOS but my boot drive went from M.2 Samsung evo 2 wich is my C: drive to Windows boot...
  4. Problem with windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows boot manager: I have installed windows on dual boot . One on SSD and one on HDD .I have deleted the windows partition on HDD and accidentally removed SSD boot manager in BIOS .I can still boot into windows on SSD with HDD boot manager . Now i would like to format my hard disk . could...
  5. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  6. Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager: Hi, Today i was casually using my PC, when suddenly my screen freezed and I got the BSOD. Shortly after that the computer rebooted itself and instead of normally booting it displayed a message saying that I have to instert the proper boot device. I googled a bit and thought...
  7. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  8. Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot manager problem: How can I solve it? Every time when I start my laptop the below setting appear on my screen. And after pressing enter button my windows turn on. I don't want this interruption. I have tried to solve it lots of time but I have failed. Need some technical support.[IMG]...
  9. windows boot manager problem

windows boot manager problem: Hi! I actually have 2 problems that i might need help with. 1st - I have an internal HDD where i just keep my old files, suddenly it stopped working and it hangs my computer whenever i try to access it. It gets read by the Bios and "this pc" but when you try to click it to...
  10. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...