Windows 10: Problems with Windows boot manager

Discus and support Problems with Windows boot manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tigerman82, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Problems with Windows boot manager

I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had installed OpenELEC (a portable KODI OS if you will). I can access OpenELEC via NUC's boot manager/BIOS but that's pretty clumsy (especially since all the partitions that the Windows installer created are also shown).

I had installed EasyBCD in hopes of creating a more user-friendly boot menu, but then noticed upon booting that the Windows' own boot manager started appearing when I switched the NUC on. It listed both the Windows 10 and the OpenELEC bootloaders correctly but only the Windows one worked (when I click on the OpenELEC bootloader, the system just boots to Windows). However, when I Shift+Restart Windows to get into the Advances Startup Options, go to the Use a device menu and select the same UEFI: USB: SanDisk Extreme 0001: PART 0, OS Bootloader, that was listed in the Windows boot menu, it boots correctly to OpenELEC. I also have to mention that for some reason the Windows boot menu doesn't appear in every boot so when I switch the NUC on, it might go straight to Windows.

Are these problems (A. Windows boot menu doesn't appear everytime, B. selecting OpenELEC OS Bootloader in Windows boot menu boots to Windows while it works via Advanced Startup Options) related to Windows 10 having bugs or is there a problem I might be able to fix with your help?

:)

Tigerman82, Jul 4, 2015

2. Windows will not boot.

It actually depends on which OS managing the booting.

If booting is being manage by Linux, then there would be a lot of problem, Linux is unable to handle boot well and normally it cause more problems. If you manage to boot into Windows, then create repair disk and boot with it and then try to repair your Windows
    boot.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Nokia phone download problem

Hi all, I have just acquired a Nokia Lumia 625, and am trying to download Skype from the Microsoft shop. Two things happen -- either Microsoft does not recognise the password for my newly acquired account (although it does accept it when I access it from
    my PC), or I get an error code message, 8009030e. Very frustrating... Thanks for any help!

Problems with Microsoft, Jul 4, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Windows boot manager

1. Problems with Windows boot manager - Similar Threads - Problems boot manager

2. Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Manager: I have an older acer laptop that states that my Boot Manager is missing. I want to try to get this working to give to my grandson. My current laptop is also an Acer. Can I create a usb recovery drive to re install on the old computer? How do I go about doing this without...
  3. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Hello , I have it a dual boot ( Linux and Windows 10 Home edition ) after I formatted linux partition I restarted the laptop and the grub rescue showed up I tried with set prefix and set boot , nothing worked , then I tried to put the original windows usb stick, after I...
  4. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Yesterday I bought a new ASUS X541UV first time I turn on laptop then "please wait" windows 10 loading apear on screen, and then screen goes black like this:[ATTACH] I waited for 2 hour and I forcedly restart then preparing automatically repair apear on ASUS screen logo and...
  5. windows boot manager

windows boot manager: I wanted to dual boot my windows 10 home desktop and install windows 7 on it. I made a new partition with no problem and followed instructions from u tube on how to install windows 7 from a cd. I went into BIOS, put boot from a cd on top, and restarted computer. Put in my...
  6. windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    windows boot manager: I wanted to dual boot my windows 10 home desktop and install windows 7 on it. I made a new partition with no problem and followed instructions from u tube on how to install windows 7 from a cd. I went into BIOS, put boot from a cd on top, and restarted computer. Put in my...
  7. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...
  8. UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?

UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?: I apologize in advance if I sound dense, but I'm seeing something in the BIOS that doesn't make sense to me. I have three different SSDs at this time, one each for 7, 10 upgrade, and 10 clean (the last is a slow work in progress). All of the SSDs are GPT* and SATA is set...
  9. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1 option, saved and exited. Computer will not boot. Says No OS found-insert media and restart. Did that a couple times. No Boot. Set...
  10. Windows Boot Manager - Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Manager - Failed: [img] Can anyone tell me how to resolve a Windows failed to start issue on a Windows 10 computer? Status: 0xc0000225 Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. The computers worked fine for a couple days. After the end-users powered off and turn it...