Windows 10: Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

Discus and support Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having some trouble with reconnecting my computer to the WiFi. This issue happens about 2-3 times a week when my network adapter gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slammmmmmm, Nov 8, 2018.

1. slammmmmmm Win User

Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

Hello,

I am having some trouble with reconnecting my computer to the WiFi. This issue happens about 2-3 times a week when my network adapter gets unplugged from my PC, or if I get disconnected from the WiFi. I am unable to use the network troubleshooter because I do not use Ethernet. (My PC is physically too far from the router/modem)

As far as troubleshooting:

1) I've tried swapping my network adapter with my brother's and both adapters will work perfectly fine on his PC. My PC still has the problem with reconnecting

2) I've tried rebooting the modem/router

3) I've downloaded the latest drivers on the vendor's website

4) I've tried using Network Reset

The only solution I have for the issue is to reboot my PC and it'll automatically connect again. But once it gets disconnected again, I have to restart my PC. Unplugging and replugging the adapter will not work.

Please help me!

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7500 (3.4 GHz)
    8 GB DDR4
    1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB GDDR5

Network Adapter: TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (Archer T4U V1)

:)

slammmmmmm, Nov 8, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 8, 2018
  3. simrick Win User

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 8, 2018
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi - Similar Threads - Problems connecting WiFi

2. Wifi connectivity overseas problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi connectivity overseas problem.: Hi , I have a Surface pro3, windows 10 ( very happy), living in the US, bought in the US, 2-3 years ago. I visit my parents in the UK , once a year. I have difficulties connecting to their Wifi network. FYI, everything is updated, I have airplane mode off, Wi-Fi on,...
  3. Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection: Recently my pc has been having issues with its wifi. it will work for about 30 min then stop , it still says coneected to wifi and says its getting internet but any app requiring wifi fails to work but turning my wifi toggle in the windows 10 settings off then on fixes it but...
  4. Wifi connecting problem

Wifi connecting problem: When i update the my windows 10 on 11 Oct 2018 after that my wifi is automatically disconnecting and also my network is not showing available list of wifi's how to fix it my router is working fine because my router is connect the other devices...
  5. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  6. Wifi Connection Problem

Wifi Connection Problem: Everyday, the desktop wifi disables at 5pm until the next morning 11am and surprisingly the wifi works completely fine after that. I performed network troubleshoots and the results sometimes indicated that connection between access point router is broken and windows can't...
  7. Problems with University Wifi connection

Problems with University Wifi connection: Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says...
  8. Connection problems through WiFi

Connection problems through WiFi: I think it's quite a weird problem : I've a desktop in my house which is connected to the router by LAN and I've a laptop,a smartphone which are connected to the router by WiFi. This morning, when I tried to Google something from my laptop, Firefox showed me - [img]...
  9. When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?: OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see...
  10. Wifi limited connection problem

Wifi limited connection problem: Hi, I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the...