Windows 10: Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

Discus and support Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having some trouble with reconnecting my computer to the WiFi. This issue happens about 2-3 times a week when my network adapter gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slammmmmmm, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

Hello,

I am having some trouble with reconnecting my computer to the WiFi. This issue happens about 2-3 times a week when my network adapter gets unplugged from my PC, or if I get disconnected from the WiFi. I am unable to use the network troubleshooter because I do not use Ethernet. (My PC is physically too far from the router/modem)

As far as troubleshooting:

1) I've tried swapping my network adapter with my brother's and both adapters will work perfectly fine on his PC. My PC still has the problem with reconnecting

2) I've tried rebooting the modem/router

3) I've downloaded the latest drivers on the vendor's website

4) I've tried using Network Reset

The only solution I have for the issue is to reboot my PC and it'll automatically connect again. But once it gets disconnected again, I have to restart my PC. Unplugging and replugging the adapter will not work.

Please help me!

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7500 (3.4 GHz)
    8 GB DDR4
    1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB GDDR5

Network Adapter: TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (Archer T4U V1)

:)

slammmmmmm, Nov 8, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 8, 2018
  3. simrick Win User

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 8, 2018
  4. brummyfan Win User

Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi

1. Problems with Windows connecting to WiFi - Similar Threads - Problems connecting WiFi

2. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection problem: Hi,Im using asus vivobook go 14/15 right now. I noticed that im having a problem with the wifi connection. It would disconnect everytime. Any ways to prevent this to keep happening. This laptop have the MediaTek Wifi 6E MT7902. should i unisntall them?I already open the...
  3. WiFi connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connectivity problem: Asus tuf gaming a15 laptop windows 11 Problem: WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth suddenly disappears and some it comes after restart and sometimes don't. Ihave tried many fixes but doesnot work.in the driver it has code45 error in realtek lan card ....Help me out...
  4. WiFi Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection Problem: Hey there!I have installed dual band wifi i.e 2g and 5g. But I have not able to connect to 5g network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-problem/5113afc6-630f-436c-b128-23b8bad347ef
  5. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection problem: HelloI have been reading my emails when suddenly lost the internet connection... My Wifi is on and I see the available connections but I can't connect. I tried a lots of things like reinstall the utility, on/off the realtek wifi in the device manager realtek type: 8822ce...
  6. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection problem: From about a week or two , my wifi connection disconnects randomly on my laptop. It is not the problem of my router as the internet works on all other devices. Also it's just I can't see any wifi devices or even mobile hotspots and mostly I can't even see the wifi option in...
  7. problem with connecting to WiFi

problem with connecting to WiFi: Recently I have a problem with connecting to WiFi, if I disconnect and I would like to connect again to the network this cannot be done, so I have to restart the laptop to accept the connection again...
  8. Wifi Connectivity Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Connectivity Problem: [ATTACH] I have tried updating wifi driver, rollback wifi driver, Resetting tcp, tried power-saving mode ones too. But the wifi keeps disconnecting after a minute or two. Every time I have to manually disconnect and connect again. Other devices just work fine. Please help...
  9. Problem with WiFi connection

Problem with WiFi connection: I have problem with WiFi connection, tried to use the troubleshooter but cannot find it after Windows update to 1809 version that was rolled out in October. How to get it back and fix WiFi connection ?...
  10. Wifi connectivity problem

Wifi connectivity problem: Hi Over the past week or so,my internet connection(Wifi) has been disconnecting.I am using a TPlink Wireless USB adapter:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-T2U-Wireless-Supports-10-7-10-11/dp/B00K11UIV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962138&sr=8-2&keywords=Archer+T2U When my...