Windows 10: Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

Discus and support Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/highwire_ca, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes, and the notifcation area tells me that action is needed. If I run a full scan from powershell using 'MpCmdRun.exe -Scan -ScanType 2' (2 is a full scan), it runs to completion in about 4 hours and returns zero threats. The full scan borks from the settings UI even after a 'refresh' (clean install) of Windows 10 with all the latest updates. The computer itself is not overclocked or anything like that, and has no other issues. Any advice?

submitted by /u/highwire_ca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/highwire_ca, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

1. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan - Similar Threads - Problems Defender AntiVirus

2. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled: Host machine perform Full Scan.Client was able to show host name on CMD and screen shot of Virus & threat protection.Microsoft defender shows "Windows Defender Antivirus scan cancelled" each time . No current threat Last scan: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm full scan0 threat foundScan...
  3. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled: Host machine perform Full Scan.Client was able to show host name on CMD and screen shot of Virus & threat protection.Microsoft defender shows "Windows Defender Antivirus scan cancelled" each time . No current threat Last scan: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm full scan0 threat foundScan...
  4. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  6. Windows Defender Full Scan Problem

Windows Defender Full Scan Problem: HI,When I try to full scan using defender it always stuck at 50%. Today I clean install windows 11 No other software or files , still same...the problem is only with FULL scanMy laptop spec - I3 10 Gen, 256NVME, 8gb RAM.Thanx.......
  7. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  8. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...