Windows 10: Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

Discus and support Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/highwire_ca, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes, and the notifcation area tells me that action is needed. If I run a full scan from powershell using 'MpCmdRun.exe -Scan -ScanType 2' (2 is a full scan), it runs to completion in about 4 hours and returns zero threats. The full scan borks from the settings UI even after a 'refresh' (clean install) of Windows 10 with all the latest updates. The computer itself is not overclocked or anything like that, and has no other issues. Any advice?

submitted by /u/highwire_ca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/highwire_ca, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

1. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan - Similar Threads - Problems Defender AntiVirus

2. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10 installed, but when I tried to perform a scan with Windows Defender, I got the message "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for...
  3. Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Good evening,I came to the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request and to help me schedule the offline, customized and complete Windows Defender antivirus scan.I'm waiting for this message!Thank you!A good day!...
  4. Crash on Full Defender Scan

Crash on Full Defender Scan: I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and NVidia drivers and sfc /scannow shows no problems. Any Ideas? [img] 147052
  5. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  6. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...
  7. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  9. How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Make sure your PC is safe and secure. All it takes is 5⃣ steps for you to schedule a scan with Windows Defender Antivirus! Learn more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026132 [ATTACH]...
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...