Windows 10: Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10 installed, but when I tried to perform a scan with Windows Defender, I got the message "Your IT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeonardoBarreto1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10 installed, but when I tried to perform a scan with Windows Defender, I got the message "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information"

I searched everywhere for a solution, but none was helpful, as I realised I have no Antivirus button on Windows Defender panel. The Antivirus & threat protection page is not available, and when I go to the settings is says I have no provider to the Antivirus.

I wonder how could I get it enabled and working, it is a very new laptop and I never installed any other antivirus.

Here are some printscreens of the home page of Windows Defender and the provider page

Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus 776cae5d-7719-401d-891b-ca4e9c2c06d4?upload=true.png Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus 5fd2327b-7fd3-41cf-9f63-26dbb3de9c75?upload=true.png

:)

LeonardoBarreto1, Apr 13, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

1. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Problems Defender Antivirus

2. Problems with MS Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with MS Defender Antivirus: Why am I getting reports, every five to ten minutes, from Microsoft Defender Antivirus: "Threats Found"? Click on "Get Details", it reports "No threats found". I ran both Quick, Full, and MS Defender Offline Scans. No problems reported.This started about 20 hours ago. The...
  3. problems regarding window defender antivirus.

problems regarding window defender antivirus.: windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-regarding-window-defender-antivirus/7fac9500-c6ee-40cf-89fa-ea20a3cbced6
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  5. Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update. My current version on the Microsoft Defender Antivirus Antimalware...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  7. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  9. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea