Windows 10: problems with windows features

Discus and support problems with windows features in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hey everyone.... I have a couple problems with windows features, first of all when i try to launch it via control panel it takes like a half an hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maxvk, Aug 27, 2018.

1. maxvk Win User

problems with windows features

hey everyone....

I have a couple problems with windows features, first of all when i try to launch it via control panel it takes like a half an hour to load.So that is the first problem.

The reason i want to open windows features is because i want to enable directplay for windows so i can play older games (like age of empires). So when is finally loads after a long time i go to the legacy components tab but there is nothing in it so i try to enable legacy components itself but it says couldn't find the required files (with error code 0x80070002). So i checked i had directx installed in the latest version, and i says i have directx 12 (the latest version i think).

I am running windows 10 pro

I tried searching on the internet for help but couldn't find anything that could help me. So if anyone has a solution for these problems ( or at least 1) can please help me by replying.

thanks in advance !

:)

maxvk, Aug 27, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 27, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 27, 2018
  4. problems with windows features

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

problems with windows features win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

problems with windows features

1. problems with windows features - Similar Threads - problems features

2. Microsoft Family Features Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features Problem: I try to open things from the Microsoft Store and an 'ask for permission' prompt comes up. When I press 'Ask by email' I get a message that says 'Something went wrong We’re working on it – try again in a little bit. Trace ID: Jjm/+LuKgUiFoOb7.23.1'. What do I do?...
  3. Microsoft Family Features Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Features Problem: I try to open things from the Microsoft Store and an 'ask for permission' prompt comes up. When I press 'Ask by email' I get a message that says 'Something went wrong We’re working on it – try again in a little bit. Trace ID: Jjm/+LuKgUiFoOb7.23.1'. What do I do?...
  4. Microsoft Family Features Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 fax and scan feature problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fax and scan feature problems: I have windows 10, I have been using the fax and scan feature to scan and then I double click on the scan to open it, then I right click to copy it, then hold my curser on my desktop screen right click and paste it to the desktop. I have performed this task hundreds of times...
  6. Windows 10 fax and scan feature problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fax and scan feature problems: I have windows 10, I have been using the fax and scan feature to scan and then I double click on the scan to open it, then I right click to copy it, then hold my curser on my desktop screen right click and paste it to the desktop. I have performed this task hundreds of times...
  7. Windows 10 fax and scan feature problems

8. Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading...: Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading Wireless Display in optional features it is not showing....
  9. Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading...

Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading...: Hi! I'm using windows 11 pro, I have problem related optional features. After downloading Wireless Display in optional features it is not showing....
  10. Windows 10 feature update 22H2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 feature update 22H2 installation problem.: I have an Asus desktop 8.00 GB of RAM running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. It automatically downloaded and installed version 21H2, no problems. It recently downloaded version 22H2 , which is showing on the list of successfully installed updates. However it repeatedly attempts to...