Windows 10: Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved

Discus and support Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10.0.19042: I've had 2 apps fail due to the way Windows Security has implemented Ransomware Protection. 1ClickDVD would not let me register a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wgiambatista, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved

Windows 10.0.19042: I've had 2 apps fail due to the way Windows Security has implemented Ransomware Protection. 1ClickDVD would not let me register a new version and Microsoft Works (Word and Spreadsheet) would only allow me to open read-only copies, stating that the copy was "already in use". Both of these items were fixed by going into Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection>Ransomware Protection>Manage Ransomware. Here you will find a history of blocks. Each block contains the app name being blocked and the folder being protected. If you have a valid app being blocked, you can allow the app though Ransomware, or you can take the folder (from the block history) out from under Ransomware control.

:)

wgiambatista, Feb 6, 2021

2. windows security wont help with ransomware protection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while setting up the
    Ransomware protection feature on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Is OneDrive installed on the PC?

In this scenario, if OneDrive is missing, we can try the following steps and check.

1. Download and install
      OneDrive
    2. Once OneDrive is installed, then sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Then Press Windows + I key and select Updates & Security.
    4. Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
    5. Click on Virus & threat protection.
    6. Scroll down and check if you still have the Setup OneDrive button.
    7. Click on Manage ransomware protection link and you will see your Microsoft Account under OneDrive.

You may also refer these articles for more information:

Microsoft Defender
    Antivirus in the Windows Security app

Stopping ransomware
    where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved

1. Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved - Similar Threads - Problems Security Ransomware

2. How to solve the problem "local security authority protection is off."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve the problem "local security authority protection is off.": Good evening, How to solve the problem "local security authority protection is off, your device may be vulnerable.", i have this problem aprox. 1 week ago. I have Windows 11 ver 22H2 Build 22621.1702 I have the last cumulative installed today KB5026372Thanks, Mr. Garcia...
  3. How to solve "Local Security Authority Protection is off" problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve "Local Security Authority Protection is off" problem?: I am getting an issue of Local Security Authority protection is off in Device Security in Windows Security.When I click on Go to settings, it says that Page not available, so what can I do to solve this problem....
  4. How to solve "Local Security Authority Protection is off" problem?

How to solve "Local Security Authority Protection is off" problem?: I am getting an issue of Local Security Authority protection is off in Device Security in Windows Security.When I click on Go to settings, it says that Page not available, so what can I do to solve this problem....
  5. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  6. WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection

WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection: Windows 10 Home 1909 Protected Memory Access Blocked for WinSAT.exe Protected Folder: \Device\HarddiskVolume3 I have been having problems connecting external hard drives (that's on another thread on this forum) and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? I've...
  7. windows security wont help with ransomware protection

windows security wont help with ransomware protection: So I was checking my security protector and it said I have not set up ransomware protection so I did exactly that I clicked the open one drive button to secure it but the button does not work and I cant set up a protection from ransomware please help. thank you...
  8. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  9. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection: I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use. When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to...
  10. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...