Windows 10: Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana

Discus and support Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had many problems with the Windows Start Menu and Cortana not working at all 3 days ago and I have resorted to Resetting my PC after many attempts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greenwood121, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana

I had many problems with the Windows Start Menu and Cortana not working at all 3 days ago and I have resorted to Resetting my PC after many attempts of trying to fix the problem by following google and youtube guides.

Everything was working fine for 2 days until now at 1am when I decided to play some music from my desktop and when it was too loud I wanted to lower the volume as I normally would via the Groove Music app, however I noticed that it never showed up on my screen nor the task bar, and then I decided to search Groove Music in Cortana and quickly came to the realisation that once again the windows menu and cortana have stopped working.

I have completely no idea what the problem could be and/or why is this happening. Is it a fault with a Windows Update?

I have literally only installed like a couple of programs including Steam (and the games on it), Skype, Team Speak 3, Discord, Lightshot and Google Chrome.

I have tried entering these "GetApp" commands in Powershell but they are stuck at "Processing" for an hour or so now.

I don't know if this is of any benefit but before I reset my PC I also noticed that alot of "Powershell has stopped working" errors were coming up frequently.

Edit: Now trying to play music just doesn't work at all, however the Groove Music App is showing up in my Task Manager and eating up Memory.

:)

greenwood121, Dec 11, 2017
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana

1. Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana - Similar Threads - Problems Start Menu

2. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  3. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  4. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  5. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  6. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  7. Start Menu and Cortana Problems again!!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu and Cortana Problems again!!!!: Hello Again Guys, I love Windows 10 but for me it's been the most unreliable O/S I've used and I go back to Windows 95 days. Microsoft took away the start menu we all loved in Windows 8, after 2 years we finally get it back but boy is it buggy. Basically I have had...
  8. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...
  9. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...
  10. Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10: My start menu will not work in Windows 10. Cortana/Search also doesn't work. When I click it, it does nothing. If I right click on my search bar, I see a bunch of options like "Disk Management" and "Control Panel." These are clickable, except for "Search," which does...