Windows 10: Problems with Windows Update settings.

Discus and support Problems with Windows Update settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Several days ago I've noticed that i cannot open Windows Update settings. It shows up in search, but the tab was simply missing from "Update &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xevus, Dec 9, 2019.

1. /u/Xevus Win User

Problems with Windows Update settings.

Several days ago I've noticed that i cannot open Windows Update settings. It shows up in search, but the tab was simply missing from "Update & Security". Did some research - turns out some update broke something with policies, so I've tinkered with gpedit and the tab is back. However, it doesn't open - forever stuck in progress animation. Did some research and did some other things, like

Run Windows Update diagnostics app. No issues found

Apply kb4523202 manually. The update is not applicable to your computer.

dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and then sfc /scannow. This fixed something, but Windows Update settings still not working.

Stop all relevant services, delete downloaded cache, restart services. No result

At this point I'm out of ideas and meaningful Google results. Any suggestions ?

submitted by /u/Xevus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xevus, Dec 9, 2019

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Dec 9, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows Update settings. - Similar Threads - Problems Update settings

2. Windows Update and Settings problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Settings problem: Hello my name is Nayonn I have recently yesterday activated my windows because it was not activated and was running older version -10.0.19041 Build 19041 and after that it was showing activated but needs update, but it was not updating and showing me this:- [ATTACH] I...
  3. Problem with Windows Update Setting

Problem with Windows Update Setting: I updated my PC on 1 Jan. After some days I went to Settings for searching new updates but when I clicked update & security The Windows Update setting didn't show any thing. But other settings like troubleshooter, windows security worked. But The Windows Update setting was...
  4. Windows Update service is set to manual: problem?

Windows Update service is set to manual: problem?: While looking in services, I noticed that Windows Update is set to manual. This might have been indirectly caused by me because I don't want device drivers to be automatically installed which might break my system. But does a manual setting imply that I never receive security...
  5. Windows settings problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings problem: One day suddenly my settings, edge and everything related to taskbar and even start menu statrted not repsonding .i found this problem when i was watching movie in fullscreen the taskbar didnt fade.while we try to open windows apps and setting it gives a popup telling class...
  6. Window setting problem

Window setting problem: When I move my open-window it show nothing without a application line. See in the picture . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-setting-problem/b1a12e74-25df-44a9-a221-5e31e528436c
  7. Windows Settings problem

Windows Settings problem: When I try to go into my settings from the start button, the settings screen opens for a few seconds and then disappears. I was initially trying to add my bluetooth headphones as a device, but I can't even get that fare into the settings screen functions to do anything. I've...
  8. Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem: I used the tool. I updated periodically one by one due to my daily download limit. I updated a few updates. Finally I have to update latest cumulative windows x64 update 4013429. That tool could not update that. When I went to settings|update, I get like the pic below. It...
  9. Set Windows Update Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Windows Update Settings: Hi, I just wanna set the following 3 options via registry or a cmd/bat file only: Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options: 1. enable Notify to schedule restart 2. enable Give me updates for other microsoft products... 3. enable Defer upgrades Just via...
  10. update problem and set priority

in Windows 10 Support
    update problem and set priority: just trying to get basic updates not Nvidia or other huge updates just security is there any way to prioritize what i want, download time is the factor. [img] 77765