Windows 10: Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

Discus and support Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error: [ATTACH] Clicking on "Check for updates"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Warzaw, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Warzaw Win User

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error:

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall 28ebd38b-e626-4772-9726-8a9cbb0a0002?upload=true.png

Clicking on "Check for updates" gives me nothing. I have tried DISM and SFC as mentioned here but both said that there were no issues.

I have also downloaded the Media Creation Tool but it gives me an error saying that the installed Windows is not supported.

Here is the current specification of the Windows I have installed:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.286

Here is the current update history:

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall 8efa83b8-65d5-4467-aae1-bb2cc0fbc1cf?upload=true.png

:)

Warzaw, Sep 25, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall - Similar Threads - Problems Updates reinstall

2. Problems after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  3. Windows 11 Update Problem, Now a Reinstall Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Problem, Now a Reinstall Problem: I had a Windows 11 Update that I had been putting off for the past few days, yesterday morning I decided I would install the update. To my suprise upon start up I noticed that a bunch of desktop apps were gone, and some were there but whited out. Then I went to open my web...
  4. Windows 11 Update Problem, Now a Reinstall Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Problem, Now a Reinstall Problem: I had a Windows 11 Update that I had been putting off for the past few days, yesterday morning I decided I would install the update. To my suprise upon start up I noticed that a bunch of desktop apps were gone, and some were there but whited out. Then I went to open my web...
  5. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  6. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  7. Password problems after reinstalling Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problems after reinstalling Windows: I just performed a fresh install of Windows from a USB drive. I did this to try to fix some recurrent problems that may have had to do with a corrupted HDD. Looks like the install went OK. My home screen comes up and I'm prompted for my password, but the password is not...
  8. Many problems after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many problems after reinstallation: So i reinstalled Win10 few days ago cause of irrelevant things. I chose the option that keeps my personal files and stuff. Now something obviously went wrong and my programmes lost their icon, in controll panel my programmes won't show up on the list, even if their data is on...
  9. Download Problems after reinstalling Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Download Problems after reinstalling Windows: Hardware/Software: FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 860 (Latest driver) Windows 10 Pro 1909 Problem: So the problem im facing is that when i try to downloads something it randomly stops downloading (the problem didn't occurred with Steam for some odd reason). I never had this...
  10. Internet Problems after Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problems after Reinstall: Hi guys, I have a dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Windows 7. Recently, I was having trouble with Windows 10 and I went ahead and reinstalled it. Now I have a problem with my internet connection every time I boot Windows 10 after using Windows 7. I've googled around...