Windows 10: Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

Discus and support Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error: [ATTACH] Clicking on "Check for updates"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Warzaw, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Warzaw Win User

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error:

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall 28ebd38b-e626-4772-9726-8a9cbb0a0002?upload=true.png

Clicking on "Check for updates" gives me nothing. I have tried DISM and SFC as mentioned here but both said that there were no issues.

I have also downloaded the Media Creation Tool but it gives me an error saying that the installed Windows is not supported.

Here is the current specification of the Windows I have installed:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.286

Here is the current update history:

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall 8efa83b8-65d5-4467-aae1-bb2cc0fbc1cf?upload=true.png

:)

Warzaw, Sep 25, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall - Similar Threads - Problems Updates reinstall

2. Problems reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems reinstalling windows: I had windows 10, which has crashed and stopped working. I downloaded an iso from Microsoft website onto usb and dvd disc. When i try installing windows to carry out partition it won't allow me to do so, says "couldn't create a new partition error 0x80070017". When i try do...
  3. Not Receiving update after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Receiving update after reinstalling windows: Hello, I have brought a Lenovo laptop which came with original OS Windows 10 home, which showed the update to 1809 version of windows, unfortunately my windows got crashed and I have to reinstall windows. I received update till the version 1803. But, not getting the latest...
  4. Problem Reinstalling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Reinstalling: Hello, I have been trying to reset my windows 10 computer as it has been infected with malware. I cannot solve the problem and have been trying for two days, I would like some help. My error is that whenever my PC restarts, the files, apps, programs revert to a certain...
  5. Problem Reinstalling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Reinstalling: Hello, I have been trying to reset my windows 10 computer as it has been infected with malware. I cannot solve the problem and have been trying for two days, I would like some help. My error is that whenever my PC restarts, the files, apps, programs revert to a certain...
  6. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10: Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows...
  7. Problem after removing and reinstalling apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after removing and reinstalling apps: So I am a new windows 10 user - got a new computer and it came with windows 10. I went looking for a way to remove the apps I didn't want, and got a bit excited and removed too many, so then I looked for a way to put them back, I followed all the directions and steps but I...
  8. Audio problems after clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems after clean reinstall: Just did a clean reinstall of windows and have no audio. I'm showing a little red "X" on the audio icon at the lower right of the screen, and when I click on it, it Days "detecting problems" and then "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem." I also went to device...
  9. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10: Hi guys, i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my SSD and i have some problems with the touchpad. While using both touchpad and mouse, pointer keeps freezing and keeps making "beep" sounds...I reinstalled drivers over and over, and still nothing...Does any1 have an ideea of...
  10. Internet Problems after Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problems after Reinstall: Hi guys, I have a dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Windows 7. Recently, I was having trouble with Windows 10 and I went ahead and reinstalled it. Now I have a problem with my internet connection every time I boot Windows 10 after using Windows 7. I've googled around...