Windows 10: Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation

Discus and support Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI , I am trying to install my Edimax EW-7711UAN Wifi USB adaptor on my Win 10 laptop. When I plug it in, it does not appear in Network Connections... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cosmarchy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. cosmarchy Win User

Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation

HI ,

I am trying to install my Edimax EW-7711UAN Wifi USB adaptor on my Win 10 laptop.

When I plug it in, it does not appear in Network Connections but it does appear in Device Manager under network adaptors only with a question mark.

The device status reads:
    Accoding to the Edimax website, the drivers are included in Win10. I've had a look around and there appears to be reports of these issues when using a VPN service however this is not something that I have on my machine.

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks

:)

cosmarchy, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Problem with wireless connection

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Also applies to Windows 10.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to un-install the current version of wireless card driver installed and then try to download and install wireless card drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check.

Follow the steps on how to un-install the wireless card driver.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Network adaptors.

• Right click on wireless card driver and select
      Un-install.
    Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the network adaptor card. Now you may check with the issue.

If the above steps doesn't help, I suggest you to login to other computer which has internet connectivity, visit the computer manufacturer website of the issue computer and then download the latest driver
    for the wireless card and save it to a external flash drive. Once you successfully save the drivers setup file, insert the flash drive on the issue computer and then try to install the drivers and check with the issue.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 15, 2019
  3. qualitie Win User
    Wireless adaptor not working?

This is the basic desktop specs I have

Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G

It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house) but is unable to connect. Had reset router multiple times and other computers in the house are able to pick up and connect fine. What are the steps/tests I should undertake to confirm the wireless adaptor card is the problem. Can I replace it myself, am ok with basic troubleshooting. Will be glad to provide more information. Please advice.

qualitie, Aug 15, 2019
  4. andynan Win User

Wireless adaptor needs constant resetting

Neither option works for me either. I have the latest wireless adaptor drivers installed. I have run Network Adaptor troubleshooter, and when my adaptor is connected, it sates that the wireless adaptor is running fine with no problems. If my Wifi adaptor
    is not connected (which often is the case) the troubleshooter manages to find the issue, reset the wireless adaptor, and it works again. However this is the issue. I should not have to continuously run this troubleshooter every time I wish to connect to
    internet via the wifi adaptor.

My computer is an HP Envy DV6 with 3rd gen Intel core i7 processor, 8 gb RAM.

Any suggestions??

See pic-
    Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation 7b1d20bb-1883-445e-b104-2dc1ce196f7a.png

andynan, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation - Similar Threads - Problems Wireless Adaptor

2. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  3. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  4. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  5. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support: Hello,We have a Wireless Display adaptor that continually resets or doesn't power on at at. Reset button doesn't help...How do I contact Microsoft support? Its less than a year old and our vendor says it should have a 1 year warranty. The support page isn't loading the PC...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues: Hello, Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging it in to my PC through the extension? USB strip that came along with the controller. One thing to note is that this worked...
  8. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  9. Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation: HI , I am trying to install my Edimax EW-7711UAN Wifi USB adaptor on my Win 10 laptop. When I plug it in, it does not appear in Network Connections but it does appear in Device Manager under network adaptors only with a question mark. The device status reads: Windows is...
  10. Wireless adaptor not working?

Wireless adaptor not working?: This is the basic desktop specs I have Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with wireless adaptor

2. hardware problems when installing a wifi adaptor