Windows 10: Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC

Discus and support Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Everyone ! I moved a few days ago and unfortunately my router now is in another room, which means i am trying to set up a wireless connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timo-Nie, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC

Hello Everyone !

I moved a few days ago and unfortunately my router now is in another room, which means i am trying to set up a wireless connection to my desktop pc.

I got a wireless usb adapter from the same brand as my router (Fritz!Box) and ran into two basic problems:

1. I can't seem to install the drivers for said usb adapter
    2. I can't set up a wireless network whatsoever

Regarding the first problem, I first plugged the usb adapter into the usb port of the router, which should normally make it ready to go. All the right lights blinked and stuff but it didn't do anything really. Then I downloaded the drivers to a usb stick, copied them over and tried installing them via the device manager > update drivers > browse my computer > "Windows was unable to install your Fritz!Wlan USB Stick N...

As for the second problem, if I go to network in the task bar it just shows Network & Internet options. If I go there and troubleshoot it just tells me to connect an ethernet cable. The really weird thing is on the left under "Network & Internet" it doesn't even give the option of wifi. It just says "status", "ethernet", "dial-up" etc.. Normally on all other devices I've been on you can configure the wifi there.

I somehow feel like the stick works but I just need to set up wifi in the settings somewhere, hopefully anyone of you guys can help me here..

submitted by /u/Timo-Nie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Timo-Nie, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Problem with wireless connection

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Also applies to Windows 10.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to un-install the current version of wireless card driver installed and then try to download and install wireless card drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check.

Follow the steps on how to un-install the wireless card driver.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Network adaptors.

• Right click on wireless card driver and select
      Un-install.
    Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the network adaptor card. Now you may check with the issue.

If the above steps doesn't help, I suggest you to login to other computer which has internet connectivity, visit the computer manufacturer website of the issue computer and then download the latest driver
    for the wireless card and save it to a external flash drive. Once you successfully save the drivers setup file, insert the flash drive on the issue computer and then try to install the drivers and check with the issue.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Pinchy Win User
    share internet connection in pc desktop &laptop

Operating systems on each computer?

If the desktop has two ethernet connections, you can set it up so that one has the modem (internet) and the other is connected to the laptop (cable from desktop to laptop).

If you want wireless, you will need a router unless you have a wireless connection and ethernet connection on the desktop, in which case you can do the same above, only instead of cable from pc to laptop, its wireless connection from pc to laptop.

Pinchy, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC

1. Problems with wireless connection from Desktop PC - Similar Threads - Problems wireless connection

2. Wireless connection from Desktop to Samsung QN90C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless connection from Desktop to Samsung QN90C: I'm trying to connect to Samsung QN90C 43" from my Desktop using the TPLINK AX3000 TX50e Wifi 6 Pci Express Adapter using Miracast, but always get the error message "The connection request from <MY PC> was not successful. You can try reconnecting using your moible device."I...
  3. Wireless connection from Desktop to Samsung QN90C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless connection from Desktop to Samsung QN90C: I'm trying to connect to Samsung QN90C 43" from my Desktop using the TPLINK AX3000 TX50e Wifi 6 Pci Express Adapter using Miracast, but always get the error message "The connection request from <MY PC> was not successful. You can try reconnecting using your moible device."I...
  4. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  5. Problem connecting wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting wireless printer: [ATTACH]help me ! * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-wireless-printer/76b6d5b9-41e5-40c6-866a-c1c0325dab0f
  6. Wireless connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless connection problem: Hi all. I have read through hundreds of answers and not yet found the same fault as I seem to have. My connection only goes down when I am streaming from my pc to the TV. I have run an analysis and it says: THE DRIVER DISCONNECTED WHILE ASSOCIATING PFE16000. What does this...
  7. Wireless connection problem

Wireless connection problem: Hi everyone, I have a problem. My PC sometimes gets disconnected from my home WiFi (only from that, and only my PC, not my tablet or phone, or other laptops in the house) and it doesn't connect unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it up. I reinstalled windows, driver...
  8. Wireless Connectivity Problem

Wireless Connectivity Problem: I have a Century Link Modem, a Netgear A6210 wireless connector. Five other computers connect fine and access the internet using the same A6210 connector. I installed the latest software 1.0.0.35 for the A6210 and when installed it see the modem, and the neighbors modems....
  9. Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa

Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa: Turned on my computer this morning and my device can't find any wifi "Not connected no connections available" my other computers can connect to my modem no problem Wondering if anyone can direct to a link with a solve or give me some advice on how to resolve this...
  10. Problems connecting to wireless printer

Problems connecting to wireless printer: We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers running Windows 8.1 could see...